Lowering kit?

Butch, I liked how your truck sits the best at the Mohegan. What about the bump steer you guys complain about, is it really noticeable?

Cool man, sounds good. Shoot me a text later if you want 774 - 444 - 5 one 8 nine. How much is it for the test and tune day? Maybe you can twist my arm enough to get me to go. :damnmate:

I think it's like $40... not bad!

damn it....you guys with the 2/3 kit are looking good. I just received my 1/2 kit last week from Tony. Haven't installed it yet though. hmmmm...........

I love our trucks when there lowered they look way better they shoulda came from the facktory like that

Stealth,

Dang,

I am not sure I should answer this. This seems to be a pretty toxic topic.
LOL

Thanks for the comment. I notice several trucks with the same lowering kit but for some reason they looked different even thought they had the same kit. At the NE GTG I think I figured it out. I think its the tonneau cover.

I did not notice the bump steer as much as others have mentioned and not really sure why. Once it was mentioned, I took a closed feel and yes it is there and a bit worse after lowering.

After looking into the causes of bump steer, there are so many factors that can contribute to the issue. Maybe when we installed the kit and the guy who did the alignment got lucky and it just fell in. I did install the Beltech eccentric bushing kit on the upper A arms and had to bias the upper A arm sleeves so the bushings fit in nice and snug. I am not sure if others who have installed this kit had to bias the sleeves.

You can see the the difference in the before and after pics.

The alignment guy said it was good the eccentric kit was installed. It gave him some extra room for adjustment and there is about -.5 degrees of camber on each from wheel. The tie rods from the rack are at a greater angle which and you can see in the pics. I think the first tie rod pics shows it best.

I would think if the flip kit places the ends for better geometry it has to be better. Once I receiver the flip kit, I will have the shop check the bump steer before and after the install so there is some date we all can use

Hope this helps.

Butch

Attachments

• IMG_2001 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2001 (640x480).jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_2005 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2005 (640x480).jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_5123.JPG
    IMG_5123.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_5124.JPG
    IMG_5124.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_5125.JPG
    IMG_5125.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
damn it....you guys with the 2/3 kit are looking good. I just received my 1/2 kit last week from Tony. Haven't installed it yet though. hmmmm...........

I think you will ultimately regret not going with the 2/3.

Who all makes a 2/3 or 2/4 for our trucks? I have a reg cab and would like to lower it but im having trouble shelling out the $699 for the jtsvp ultimate handling kit that i really want. Any other good riding but more cost effective ways to get this look?

I don't see the point lowering these trucks unless its a significant drop. You can lower the rear of the truck just by installing a tonneau cover.

I just used the 1 3/4 rear blocks from JTSVP to level it to the front and love the look, any lower in front with the roads and parking lots around here would be a bad idea for me, but just getting rid of the rear rake makes a big difference.

I don't see the point lowering these trucks unless its a significant drop. You can lower the rear of the truck just by installing a tonneau cover.

Removing my tonneau made the rear of my truck go up less than a half inch!!!

Another thing that should be noted, ATTN 06 OWNERS! A big decision maker for me was when Will and I got together and we noticed how much lower my front fascia is on my 06 versus the 04-05. When my truck was at stock height I would still rub my fascia pulling into driveways, parking lots, and such and couldn't figure out how the hell you guys could drop 2" in the front..... Well come to find out the front fascia is so much longer on the 06 model that it is already 2" lower at the front lip than the 04-05 models. Being that New England roads suck, I decided to go with the 1"/2" drop and I absolutely love it. Truck handles amazing!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back