Lowering kit

Snake_Charmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done some searching and got some mixed reviews.... want to lower 05 QC. Dont want the ride to stiff or too low. I saw the jts kit for the QC is 5" rear, but people are saying 2/4 is good. What is a good route to go without killing my wallet. Im ok with drawing blood. I would rather spend money on go fast parts.

if correct with the qc's you dont really have a choice its either a small drop in the rear or the 5 inch since its a axle flip kit so you have to drop the dept of the axle.

Actually you can do a 2/4 with the same ride you have now if do a rear flip kit. You can go 5 but axle will be almost touching frame and that's where the harsh ride comes in play. Mine is a 2/4 with shaved bumpstops from and rear. Rides great! I'd be glad to help ya out with your decision and parts. :D

The 2/4 drop is the way to go, the 5" rear drop is gonna be harsh when the axel is bouncing off the bump stop steady(there is less then 1" of travel)then you gotta worry about bending Axel's, I know someone that has had that happen!!

I have the 2/5 and I'd like to do away with the 5 in the rear and do the 4,and I curious the difference, I'm guessing it has to be the shackles and if so where can I get the 4 inch ones

I have the 2/5 and I'd like to do away with the 5 in the rear and do the 4,and I curious the difference, I'm guessing it has to be the shackles and if so where can I get the 4 inch ones

Exactly, you need new shackles to do this. I can get them if you decide to raise her an inch. :burnout:

5" looks the best by far. You girls just need to C-notch and problem with bump stopsand axle is solved. If your going to spend this much money on suspension go the extra mile and do it right. :)

granted it was on my vette and it was an inch from the ground but im kinnda sick of worrying about cracked bumpers and ground clearance. so ill prob go with the 2/4
20131110_145918.jpg

i have a 2.5 drop in front and have almost 6" of space between ground and front bumper.

is the stock ride height different with QC or is that just the rear? i can do 6" so wondering if i do 2.5 on my QC will it be the same as your RC.

5" looks the best by far. You girls just need to C-notch and problem with bump stopsand axle is solved. If your going to spend this much money on suspension go the extra mile and do it right. :)

I agree 100% with the C-notch, that's my exact plan by summer :):rock:

is the stock ride height different with QC or is that just the rear? i can do 6" so wondering if i do 2.5 on my QC will it be the same as your RC.

Just do 2" I am having to jump through hoops to make the extra .5" work. So I am going to go another .5" for a total of 3" in front but i don't recommend it

Ive got the 2/5" lowering kit from JTSVP.

Rides MUCH better than factory setup. Much tighter. Not "stiff" at all. Much more controlled. I did replace all the rubber bushings with urethane which I am sure made a difference. I also replaced the front upper control arms with new ones with urethane and replaced the front shocks with new Bilsteins.

If I had my way, Id want it even stiffer. But there is only so much you can do with a truck I guess. I wonder if there is a way to create a brace that goes from the upper control arm- over the engine- to the other upper control arm.

I have only bottomed out the rear a couple times from driving too fast through intersections. Florida intersections are plateaued so that rain water can drain quickly.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE LOOK! Truck is easier to get in and out of, and people STARE at this thing all the time.

I am also going to c-notch the rear frame. Maybe next week.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back