Lucky man from the uk

Oggers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello my name is Charlie and I am very very lucky..

Today I picked up a Dodge Ram SRT 10 in the fastest colour...red.
It has a couple of mods.
Paxton s/c
B&q short shift

It has a few little niggles I need to sort. Sticking p/s caliper and I wayward oil pressure gauge.

I've new parts from rockauto, so should be here in a few days.

Looking forward to being able to drive without bellowing smoke and smelling like brakes!!

Are there many other uk trucks out there?

Charlie

Welcome. Probably need to rebuild the front calipers. Check the oil cooler & power lines for leaks. They are known for leaking/problems

Welcome Charlie !

Saw your new truck lately on ebay. (If its the one)
Good luck and as said before, check your oil cooler lines and power steering lines.
Caliper rebuild kit can also be bought from rockauto, if you dont have it already.
Breakdisc still look good, even if they are down to the limit, so you might check that as well.

There are some other members from the UK. Check the european section, if you scroll down in the forum overview.

All the best

Arne

Welcome to the madhouse :)
I have a customer in Warwickshire over there. I can also get you the rebuild kits or anything else you need for your new beast.

Welcome. Probably need to rebuild the front calipers. Check the oil cooler & power lines for leaks. They are known for leaking/problems

Power steering hoses look ok. Cooler I will check tonight.
Oil gauge just sits under 100psi what ever I do? So I've ordered a sender.
Looking forward to fixing it all so I can have a good run in it!

Charlie

Welcome Charlie !

Saw your new truck lately on ebay. (If its the one)
Good luck and as said before, check your oil cooler lines and power steering lines.
Caliper rebuild kit can also be bought from rockauto, if you dont have it already.
Breakdisc still look good, even if they are down to the limit, so you might check that as well.

There are some other members from the UK. Check the european section, if you scroll down in the forum overview.

All the best

Yes that's probably the one, so stoked to own such a great truck. I didn't have much time until the weekend so will have a good look then. Disks and pads have plenty of meat left on them so that's a good start!

Charlie

Congrats........

Welcome to the VTCoA!

Oggers, more than likely you'll need an oil temp gauge, as ive replaced and sold many to customers. Never replaced a sender. Seems the internals of the gauge corrode, making out not sweep through the temps without catching.

UK 2004 RC

Hi Charlie
Yes I've got a 2004 RC up in Loughborough and can confirm that black is definitely the fastest colour ! I also had problems with the front calipers sticking and I got new phenolic cups from Chrysler UK and had a local caliper rebuilder recondition and paint them to as new for little money. Regards the power steering I again had a local company make me up some new hydraulic hoses no problem.

Jason

Oggers, more than likely you'll need an oil temp gauge, as ive replaced and sold many to customers. Never replaced a sender. Seems the internals of the gauge corrode, making out not sweep through the temps without catching.

Ah ha ok, I'll have to look into that to.

Charlie

Hi Charlie
Yes I've got a 2004 RC up in Loughborough and can confirm that black is definitely the fastest colour ! I also had problems with the front calipers sticking and I got new phenolic cups from Chrysler UK and had a local caliper rebuilder recondition and paint them to as new for little money. Regards the power steering I again had a local company make me up some new hydraulic hoses no problem.

Jason

Not far away at all..wait...at 9mpg that's a long way!

That's good to know, can Chrysler UK get all the bits for the SRT?
I took the caliper off this eve and got the piston unstuck, the seals all look ok so got them all moving again for the time being.

Have you protected the underside with any under seal? Or do you park it up over the winter?

Charlie

I took the caliper off this eve and got the piston unstuck, the seals all look ok so got them all moving again for the time being.

Have you protected the underside with any under seal? Or do you park it up over the winter?

Charlie[/QUOTE

Fluid Film or S100 Corrosion Protectant

Yes you can get most things from Chrysler UK as these trucks were officially imported, bit expensive sometimes but always available. I do use Roe racing in Florida for some stuff as they are really helpful. 9mpg is not too bad and we sometimes come down to Camberley to see friends, so if I can do it? Maybe we could meet up at Santa Pod or Shakespeare County speedway?

Jason

Charlie[/QUOTE

Fluid Film or S100 Corrosion Protectant

I was going to make a mix of engine oil (used) hydrolic oil and grease? And paint it on nice and thick.
Thoughts?

Charlie

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back