Luving to Roe...but have an idle problem...

TNVIPER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The truck is so fast now a bat out of hell cant catch up.:) ..but I am having idle problems...:( ....The truck will idle fast anywhere from 1k rpm to 1700rpm.I can tap the throttle 1-3 times and it will drop back to 800..

I researched the forum and found others have also had this problem...not all with a Roe install...Marc T changed the TPS and solved his problem. Sure enough, I took it to the dealer this morn and he hooks up the Starscan and it shows voltage problems with the TPS...he has one in stock and replaces it...idles perfect...for a while..

On the way back home it would idle fine at one red light then idle fast at the next..:dontknow: ...I called Roe tech support but the tech guy was out today..

Anyone have this problem and solve it other than by the TPS replacement?:nurse:

LitemUp said:
If you're using O2 sensors you might have a bad one.

Wouldnt I get a CEL?...I have no cats and have the sims from Roe that replace to sensors after the cats (if there were cats)...:dontknow:

o2's will not cause an idle issue though... sounds more like a vacuum leak or an issue with the IAC.

TheMoparConnection said:
o2's will not cause an idle issue though... sounds more like a vacuum leak or an issue with the IAC.

Should a vacuum leak cause a CEL?..wouldnt the fast idle be consistant?.................the IAC should show up on the StarScan?..thanks for the comeback..BTW..they did the flash you recommended for the fuse blowing on the dash & interior lights....working so far but it took several days before the fuse blew before..

Is it still doing it when totally warmed up? The Roe is notoriously cold blooded and does require 3 to 5 minutes to get comfortable and idle normally.

The idle is controlled by the pcm not the VEC III and in the process of the install the pcm should have not been altered.

Sounds like a leak to me too...

Sean will get to you asap...if he is out of town, leave a message and he will call as soon as he gets the message.

Try reinstalling your present VEC program through the card reader. It's like restarting your PC at home.

Prof said:
Is it still doing it when totally warmed up? The Roe is notoriously cold blooded and does require 3 to 5 minutes to get comfortable and idle normally.

The idle is controlled by the pcm not the VEC III and in the process of the install the pcm should have not been altered.

Sounds like a leak to me too...

Sean will get to you asap...if he is out of town, leave a message and he will call as soon as he gets the message.

Cold or hot makes no diff.....Dave said he was out so maybe tomorrow...I will take it back to the dealer tuesday or Wednesday....I started this thread to give him some ideas...and you guys are giving them as usual....the service mgr is a great guy and a performance nut...

TNVIPER said:
Thanks....:)
Did you try it? What was the result?

I'll PM you my phone number and Taliban Dan's cell number.

Also, check the idle air tube under the main air filter. It's easy for it to come loose. Just a thought.

Got to go to work in a few hours, sleep needed. But call us tomorrow.

Last edited:
Bone said:
Did you try it? What was the result?

I'll PM you my phone number and Taliban Dan's cell number.

Also, check the idle air tube under the main air filter. It's easy for it to come loose. Just a thought.

Got to go to work in a few hours, sleep needed. But call us tomorrow.

No, I will try it tomorrow...yea, work means sleep...got to get there myself...got your PM....I will call you tomorrow...THANKS!!:)

94rt10ohio said:
What happened with this?

After a process of elemination it appears the idle control module is bad....on order and due in next week.....also discovered the meth injection was not working...circuit board was determined to be bad after the tech at my dealer went thru tests as directed by Sean Roe....Sean said this was the first board they ever had go bad...my luck I guess....on a positive note...Roe over-nited the board to me...great service..

Sorry I had left this in limbo but I was waiting to see if the module solves the problem....the StarScan had shown the TPS to be bad earlier but a new one had no effect on the problem....I also tried all the suggestions made in this thread without success..........but thanks to all that responded with suggestions both thru this thread and PMs....we have an awesome membership here..

Other than the fast idle problem and meth injection board failure the truck pulls like crazy.......In a way I was happy to hear that the meth wasnt working....if the truck pulls this hard now what will it do when the meth is sprayed?..:D

TNVIPER said:
...In a way I was happy to hear that the meth wasnt working....if the truck pulls this hard now what will it do when the meth is sprayed?..:D

The feel will not be much different...there are no hp increases under normal conditions associated with the Meth injection. But....(BIG BUT!) the meth will make sure you do not experience detonation...or in plain terms...

BOOOOOOOM!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back