RULE...Any input would be appreciated...:rock:

04 SRT 10 said:
Guys can i please get your input..Iv'e been driving my 04 RC now for
3 weeks.My GAS MILEAGE is at 11.0 MPG.There have been a few threads
and some people claim to get 17 18 ...Is there something i need to do or
my truck which has only 11,100 KM motor is breaking in...I drive 60 KM
a day only , mostly highway.If that's the norm well cool these trucks frigging
RULE...Any input would be appreciated...:rock:

full exhaust will get you about 1mpg more.
other than that lug it out around town, shift at 2500 rpms and use 6th

I would be happy with 11 mpg in my QC

i shift at 2k, skip shift 1-3-5-6 and drive 65mph most of the time, i get 14-14.5mpg average

BurntRubber said:
full exhaust will get you about 1mpg more.
other than that lug it out around town, shift at 2500 rpms and use 6th

I would be happy with 11 mpg in my QC

yep what Burnt said. i get 10.5 to 11.5 in the city. i short shift @ 2000 rpm. it seems to love 6th for fuel mileage. & also skip shift if really goin for mpg & coast, lol.
got 18.2 goin to Minnesota last summer. 75 @ 1650 rpm was the best numbers.:rock: :rock: :rock:

I get around 13 around town by short shifting and taking it easy.

Bil.

I get 11 on average with a QC, have gotten 15 on a trip with no playing. But on avg., playing pretty hard, 11.

I see 12's and 13's most of the time. I only saw 17.3 once on my way to Dallas from Houston.

I'm there with arrestmered. She's my daily driver. Skip shift around 2000. See between 13 and 14 on the norm.

Your truck has 4:10 gears, you should expect at least 15 mpg with mostly hiway driving. All highway , sixth gear, RPM's below 1500 you should average 18 or a little better. Realistically!!!

I got these mpg numbers on Saturday night coming back from Dallas..

LFC046.jpg

LFC047.jpg

If you're concerned about mileage and the cost of gasoline, Yer already in over yer head. These trucks are for people who have more money than brains. SRT-10s are thee most impractical of all hot rods...... Yet, we love them to death.....

But the next time someone asks about gas mileage on an SRT-10 I'm simply gonna suggest that they sell their truck.... because they obviously just do NOT get it..... NOT AT ALL.... This is a very expensive toy to maintain..... Especially in this economy.

So, in the end, If you have to ask about mileage, you can't afford an SRT-10....

......... Sorry.

D

Last edited:
Django said:
If you're concerned about mileage and the cost of gasoline, Yer already in over yer head. These trucks are for people who have more money than brains. SRT-10s are thee most impractical of all hot rods...... Yet, we love them to death.....

But the next time someone asks about gas mileage on an SRT-10 I'm simply gonna suggest that they sell their truck.... because they obviously just do NOT get it..... NOT AT ALL.... This is a very expensive toy to maintain..... Especially in this economy.

So, in the end, If you have to ask about mileage, you can't afford an SRT-10....

......... Sorry.

D

just right Django :rock: driving mine , i have not seen many times more then 10 mpg.... as a average once at the pump...:eek: :D

Ok, in 6the on highway you save some gas ... and again not if you are playing around 100 mph... pushing that brick trough air... :D :D

these things have a sixth gear? dd here and don't care about the mpg-if i did i would not be driving a viper truck-i fill it up twice a week-if you want to save on fuel costs, don't drive it.

Django said:

......... Sorry.

D

:congrats: I agree.

The smallest engine I own is a 4.7L HO V8 lol Between that and the E-Bodies, I'm as broke as a joke, but, I knew this going in. I'm not rich, far from it, but, you just don't buy into these toys with thirst's like they have and worry about gas and MPG figures. It's nice to know, just for arguments sake but apart from that, they're shit on gas lol. When I fill mine up ($200+ at the moment to fill a SRT/10) and crank them over, that's when you know it's money well spent. ;) I know your question is more hypothetical but at the end of the day, without being rude, to ask is to ask. To sum up my useless 0.02c worth of rambling, if you want awesome MPG, Google Honda dealers for your area lol

:D

dude buy a POS and get yourself 20 mpg AND DRIVE YOUR TRUCK LIKE YOU STOLE IT.

I skip shift and bog the motor constantly, and I can get about 14-15 city and 19-20 hyw. I have 4.56 gears and shifting out of 1st @ 2500 you can go into 4th, just like the real viper skip shift...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back