Magna $h*t Muffler!!

Rice Eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of it happening to others but didn't believe it but yesterday I heard an awful rattle coming from under the truck. After checking to be sure all the hangers were in tact and the exhaust was not hitting any part of the frame or other metal I got a rubber mallet and banged on the muffler and there are some loose things rattling around in there. I guess I finally blew the crap out of that thing:rock:

A couple questions:

Will Magnaflow warranty the muffler? Its 2+ years in use now.

If not what is the quietest replacement muffler I can replace it with and still utilize my MOPAR catless mids and the tail pipe section of the magna cat back. basically I am looking to replace the muffler only but i would like to quiet it down some and don't mind restricting the flow a bit to do so.

TIA:rock:

Rice the way the warranty works iwth magnaflow is you have to return it to the person you bought it from.

then when they get it they will let you know if they will warranty it or not.

all of this takes about 60-90 days

in the meantime, you have no exhuast system, an it depends onwhom you bought it from too, how hard they will push getting you a new one

this is wht I found

when the ram srt's first came out the mufflers were made here in america so they could distribute them quickly of course, made very nicely and durable.

then when things calmed down a bit , they must have outsourced them, product quality dropped.

after a few years most of the time they blow out, the muffler that is.

and honestly havent seen anyone get a new one from them yet.

it seems the steel they used was sub class, causing moisture to build up and rust from the inside out

hmmm well if it blows out then i guess i will just have to get some powersticks from you stink:D im gonna start prayin tonight lol

Stinker said:
this is wht I found

when the ram srt's first came out the mufflers were made here in america so they could distribute them quickly of course, made very nicely and durable.

then when things calmed down a bit , they must have outsourced them, product quality dropped.

after a few years most of the time they blow out, the muffler that is.

and honestly havent seen anyone get a new one from them yet.

it seems the steel they used was sub class, causing moisture to build up and rust from the inside out

Sounds like they subbed them out to China.

stinker...how the hell are ya!?

I was not counting on a warranty replacement from magna OR boomer.

That said do you have anything you can sell me? Muff only that will fit w/ out fab...something a little quieter!

ViperPunk said:
just curious why quieter?
so the cops dont catch him when he hits the button:D

but no , the powersticks are really loud, but let me check around a bit rice and see what may work for ya, and something a bit quieter for ya too;)

hahah thats funny!

The truck has enough power especially on the bottle...i drive it every day and the magnaflow loud rasp sound is getting on my nerves. Maybe just a different tune would make me happy just not so loud but maybe w/ the headers and catless mids this is not possible?

My Magnaflow was part of the very first ones made, and I have not had any problems with it (knock on wood).

Bill.

Same thing happened to me as well as many others. Mine had 3 holes in it when I finally gave up. Whoever had my exhaust before me patched it twice.
I got a deal on a B&B and was soooooo glad to get that magnablow off my truck.
I did however add cutouts from Stinker for when I feel like being obnoxious. :D

IMO, stock is better than Magnajunk. Yes, Magna may sound better than stock but durability; IMO, they have missed the boat. I went through 2 magna mufflers and 2 of their hi-flow cats on my Chevy. I am getting ready to put Mopar's Cat back on my truck and I don't expect repeat issues. But if the Gremlins show, I'll let y'all know.

And warranty claims after 2 years -- I would expect them to be null and void. And after what Stinker Posted, why bother? Ditch it and start over. Stinker will help ya out. ;) :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back