Magna $h*t Muffler!!

FastRam said:
IMO, stock is better than Magnajunk. Yes, Magna may sound better than stock but durability; IMO, they have missed the boat. I went through 2 magna mufflers and 2 of their hi-flow cats on my Chevy. I am getting ready to put Mopar's Cat back on my truck and I don't expect repeat issues. But if the Gremlins show, I'll let y'all know.
Got 60,000 miles on mine.:dontknow: :p

well hopefully mine will hold and then when i throw on the x pipe and get a cam i will post up on the exhaust thread

JRSVIPR said:
Got 60,000 miles on mine.:dontknow: :p

Maybe you got a special setup? :rock: :dontknow: After what I went through with my 96 Chevy 4x4, I figured their products wouldn't be worth my hard earned $$$ on a 505 Dodge 4x2. Unfortunately, Magna set me back a few bucks reworking exhausts to replace failed components. Lessons learned, shall not be repeated...

FastRam said:
Maybe you got a special setup? :rock: :dontknow: After what I went through with my 96 Chevy 4x4, I figured their products wouldn't be worth my hard earned $$$ on a 505 Dodge 4x2. Unfortunately, Magna set me back a few bucks reworking exhausts to replace failed components. Lessons learned, shall not be repeated...
Yeah, Like Bill ( Begood ) mine was one of the first to be produced.

JRSVIPR said:
Yeah, Like Bill ( Begood ) mine was one of the first to be produced.

First run production is usually the best -- factory and assemblers take care to produce a quality product to keep the corporate name in good standing. Unfortunately it seems once business takes off, quality takes a back seat to thru-put and profit $$$. And unfortunately, sometimes, the consumer takes it in the shorts.

FastRam said:
First run production is usually the best -- factory and assemblers take care to produce a quality product to keep the corporate name in good standing. Unfortunately it seems once business takes off, quality takes a back seat to thru-put and profit $$$. And unfortunately, sometimes, the consumer takes it in the shorts.

Thats not true.............................. If so my brand new suv at the time first year and all, Would have not needed a transmission that cost me 3800.00 So you my friend are wrong

I've NEVER been of the opinion that Magaflow was a quality product....

They've always sounded purdy "high school" to me..... worse than cheap glasspacks.

A good exhaust needs to sound round and throaty. Not loud, blappy and metallic.

Magnaflow always sounded ...well...just plain cheap to me.....

D

Django said:

They've always sounded purdy "high school" to me..... worse than cheap glasspacks.

D

agreed so what should I put on there in its place?

Django said:

D

Opposite for me Tim...I think the Magnas are deep & throaty....but I only did acid a few times back when..;) :)

I actually liked the sound of the magnaflow with catless mids. When the magnaflow failed, I went with power sticks. They are LOUD!!!!!!! almost too loud.

I was actually thinking what catless mids and the stock muffler would sound like.

Rice Eater said:
agreed so what should I put on there in its place?

As far as the SRT-10 truck is concerned, I believe that the best exhaust out there is the Billy Boat system..... But the price one pays is equal to an amount of money usually associated with a gun and a getaway car..

I ripped out my cats and bought the Borla cat-back system....... It was inexpensive by comparison and deleting the cats made it sound fkn bitchen.... It was full-bodied, round and sounded like a cross between the New York Philharmonic and Godzilla gargling pure multigrade....:congrats:

D

Django said:
.... it sound fkn bitchen.... It was full-bodied, round and sounded like a cross between the New York Philharmonic and Godzilla gargling pure multigrade....:congrats:

D

Or "God having really unusual sex"? :p ;)

After hearing so many horror stories about Magnaflows going south I jumped outta them and into some Powersticks. I'm STILL trying to get used to the sound. Sometimes #1900 sounds weird. But when I romp on the throttle in a lower gear she screams bloody MUЯDЄЯ

I went with the Borla (Mopar) cat back system. (I figured someone at Borla was asked to design and supply these for our trucks). At the time I purchased the system, Mopar had a part number for them, and were backed by the original warranty, since I also had the dealer install the system. (I still have the original receipt). What I like most about the Borla, is the ability for the system to remain "quiet" if you carefully feed the boot into the pedal. These are times when one wishes to be a little less obvious. Otherwise, when your "on the pipe" they are full, smooth, and deep with no popping or metallic sound.:)

joemags54 said:
I went with the Borla (Mopar) cat back system. (I figured someone at Borla was asked to design and supply these for our trucks). At the time I purchased the system, Mopar had a part number for them, and were backed by the original warranty, since I also had the dealer install the system. (I still have the original receipt). What I like most about the Borla, is the ability for the system to remain "quiet" if you carefully feed the boot into the pedal. These are times when one wishes to be a little less obvious. Otherwise, when your "on the pipe" they are full, smooth, and deep with no popping or metallic sound.:)

As they say down at Kellog's.. :dontknow: "Gotta have my POPS.":)

Hatedonmostly said:
Thats not true.............................. If so my brand new suv at the time first year and all, Would have not needed a transmission that cost me 3800.00 So you my friend are wrong
Why would you pay $3800.00 for a new transmission on a new vehicle?:dontknow:

FastRam said:

:dontknow: Some end up talking it in the mouth.

Hatedonmostly said:

Yeah, I would have kept that to myself.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back