Magnaflow and MPG...

Since I put my Magnaflow on my mileage sucks. I keep revving it up to 4 grand so I can listen to the exhaust.:D :rock:

Annu Kumar said:
19.3 No way :mad: A Brand New Checy Silverado gets that On the freeway.
Yeah? Try 20 MpG for me at 65 mph 6th gear flat road for 60 miles with my SC reg cab!

That gauge sucks. On my trip back from NJ I reset it a couple of times and could never get it over 11.x mpg. I was cruising 80ish, sometimes 90. I did the math at each fill-up(damn there were a lot of them....lol) and it was closer to 16 that 11.5-12.

--wes

in my RC at 63mph in 6th gear.. i get 18mpg... does anyone else the rc get good gas mileage on the highway like this..before i put in the cam headers and pcm

SANCHOBA said:
same here...20-21 MPG in 6th! its the 4:10 gearing:rock:

WHY WORRY BOUT GAS MILEAGE IN THIS TRUCK ANY:rock: :rock:
WHO CARES THAT NOT THE REASON WE BOUGHT IT:dontknow:

True that! The fun of owning and driving these trucks outweighs the cons of fuel mileage by far. But it's fun to get on here and stir the pot every now and then!

A few things I need to clear up, its called the 10 & 10,000 rule.
You should get no better than 10 MPG
You should never get more than 10,000 miles to a set of tires
:burnout:

I don't know about the rest of you but I measure my trucks performance in SMILES PER GALLON!!!:D :D :D :party: :rock:

I can haul 5 passengers, myself, groceries, and a boat or camper at the same time…:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

But you know, it is the 0-60 time not any of that other crap (esp. MPG) that got us to buy this truck!!! $63.90 for a day at Disney or almost a full tank of gas..? :D I hate Disney anyway…:bebored:

The Itch said:
I don't know about the rest of you but I measure my trucks performance in SMILES PER GALLON!!!:D :D :D :party: :rock:

I can haul 5 passengers, myself, groceries, and a boat or camper at the same time…:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

But you know, it is the 0-60 time not any of that other crap (esp. MPG) that got us to buy this truck!!! $63.90 for a day at Disney or almost a full tank of gas..? :D I hate Disney anyway…:bebored:
Dude Did you get your pcm yet?

Annu Kumar said:
Dude Did you get your pcm yet?
Still working out the kinks...
Just got it out of the body shop… (Lost the wing):dontknow: SUC50222.JPGSUC50224.JPGSUC50225.JPG:dontknow: and my thermostat came today. :D The programmer will follow. Roe was $599.00 and will change my tuning if I do anything else to the truck so I don’t need to wait for mid pipes I guess..? :D

Got just short of 18 mpg in my 05 RC at 70 mph on a road trip..

06 QC, road trip at 70mph, I get just over 14 (have magnaflow), I get 11mph towing the jeep at 70mph, and I get about 11 mpg around town, daily driver.....put my foot in it around town or do a road trip above 90 and mileage drops considerably....:D

So far best i could get is only 10.2 MPG...That's with A little of hwy only...
But it was said at the post before (smiles per gallon)is more like it.Can't
seem to drive my truck normal,it's to damn fun...:D Dis not buy it to get
good gas mileage...So if i install Magnaflow i will get Sound Performance
and maybe Better Gas Mileage...HMMMMMMM :burnout:

Got 25 mpg over 25 miles cause I put one gallon in.
Does that make any sense to anyone?
My QC said 12mpg Highway on the window sticker and it only gets that on a long freeway run so I'm going to call B.S. or lack of math skills on any SRT10 QC that gets 18mpg according to it's owner unless it is being towed.
Now the 6 speed might be theoretically possible due to the extra long ratio but thats pretty good for it too.
What's the sig someone has?
If you don't lie you don't have anything to remember.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back