Magnaflow and X-Metal Mids Installed

greatone61

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

Well my exhaust shop finished installing the Magnaflow and X-Metal mids this morning, and man does it sound awesome!!!!!!:rock: We ran into a couple problems, the mids were originally going to have high flow cats on it, but we couldn't get them to fit with enough clearance on the tranny, and my passenger side front O2 sensor wouldn't reach the hole. We ended up using an extension for it and all turned out well. I don't know how it would have sounded with the cats on there but man it sounds like a friggin beast now!!!

congrats bro! I know how ya feel! We put the mids no cats on Joannes QC with long tubes and magnaflow and WOW! It does sound like a beast:D

Thanks Stink, Everytime I drive it now, I can't stop from just flooring it, now today I'll install the DC Stage 2, and the K&N Intake!

You can see what exhaust I have in my sig, and it screams pretty damn nice past 3,000rpms!:D

Without cats - it must really howl!!!:eek: :afraid: :thrasher: :rock:

greatone61 said:
Thanks Stink, Everytime I drive it now, I can't stop from just flooring it, now today I'll install the DC Stage 2, and the K&N Intake!

Once all this is installed, you will be ruined for life. Every week or so, it'll be what can I do next...trust me.

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Once all this is installed, you will be ruined for life. Every week or so, it'll be what can I do next...trust me.

I dunno if I should be afraid of that, or happy!!! LOL!!!!:burnout:

vpr hler said:
Could we get a sound clip. That is the set-up I would like . Any idea of how much MORE power gains?

I'll try to do a vid and post it up. About gains I have no idea, let the experts chime in.

Any progress on the video!?

We neeeed videos. . . its just how it goes, you cant say ohh it sounds soo sweet and leave us haning! :rofl:

Sorry man the vid won't come for at least a day or two, I thought my camera would be able to download it to my laptop through USB but it needs a firewire. Vid is good though!! haha!

I have the same exhaust, but I don't have a way of posting a sound clip. I can say it made a real big difference over the stock stuff.

Bill.

Begood said:
I have the same exhaust, but I don't have a way of posting a sound clip. I can say it made a real big difference over the stock stuff.

Bill.

What do you think about the interior noise?

At first I thought it was a little too loud, but after a very short time I have come to really like it. Although I like to have an exhaust that is a little louder than average.
Bill.

Thats the same thing I am thinkin right now that its too loud inside. Funny thing is I had my bro drive it while I stood outside and watched him go WOT, and it doesn't sound nearly that loud outside.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back