Magnaflow Sounds Ricey.......

Well he is right it doesnt have the deep sound like the V8's. My sound got deeper after I put the gibsons on.

well the way i see it is V-8s and V-12s are kinda the same muscle sound but when you split the difference and have 10 cylinders it seems to be a mix between muscle and ricer, personally i love it, especially with my catless borla setup, but i've always been a louder is better person:D

I did a 3 1/2 (I think LOL) front to back... on the NR.. it doesn't sound ricey at all... you can put your choice of muffler on the system... cost me less than 1,000 bucks and I'm very happy with the sound...

I had a magnablow on my RC and was relatively happy with it... took a month or so for it to mellow out though... sounded tinty for a while... I assume you've had yours on for some time? ....

depends what you're looking for... if you don't mind drone and a nastruck sound... put in a chambered exhaust or glasspacks lol... it won't sound ricey...

good luck :)

HaulinAsp said:
:( I feel now that I have the Magnaflow Muffler on my truck that is sounds all too familliar of a rice rocket.......

I think the only way you're going to be happy is to go get a hemi truck for the V-8 sound.

I recently put 3" true dual (no cats) custom Magnaflow (using two 3" Magnaflow mufflers & custom X-pipe) exhaust on mine. It sounds great, much smoother tone than the kit type, but I do have a whispering type sound out of the tail pipes. I used the mandrel bent tail pipes from the Magnaflow kit that was on there before...I think the whispering sound may be from the tips. :dontknow: Im gonna cut them off and see if it goes away. I'll post some sound clips tomorrow.

Give it 500 miles or so, most new exhausts sound 'tinnee' until the internals are coated.

CAI and headers also improve exhaust note....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back