magnaflow too ricey? add spintech!

it is the combinations

headers + cats + magnaflow sounds different than

manifold+ no cats

Headers + no tacs

manifolds + cats...

etc

When I had my 01 Lightning , I installed MagnaFlow muffler,MagnaFlow cats,and long-tube headers and lost power !!!!!!!!!! I called JDM in NewJersey and they recommended a bigger lower pulley to up the boost from 8 to 12 lbs.That was all it took.And the reason the power went down ?? Not enough backpressure ! Once the boost was upped to compensate,it was fine.

I'll post a sound clip if I ever get my truck back from the dealer. They are supposedly fixing my transmission - still...

FSTJACK said:
Mike congratulations on getting both headers on and the system finished. WTG man.

LMAO...Well, he didnt exactly get the other header on...he actually took the single one off and now is back to stock. dont let him fool you!

Speaking of subjective......I believe that what I believe is what only I believe...

Do you like the looks of this girl or that woman.....? This is a matter of personal taste....

I probably like the sound of my catless Borla system because I don't really want to pay to swap it out for something that I may like even less.....

I think you may need a few more ear samples on the street or in a SRT truck convention before you make a thoroughly informed decision...

More than likely you'll need to make a purchase and decide from that whether you like it or not....

These V-10 motors are unique in their exhaust note.... You may wish to use that as your principal point of origin.

And if one more person says the words "UPS truck" I may have to send them to a vivisectionist....

SD

Nothing wrong with the new UPS trucks, at least not the one they used in the commercials. They have actually built an 800 hp truck (probably trucks) for use in the commercials. LOL

tat2stuff said:
I said the same thing when I put the Magnaflow on, sounded ricy as hell. It did develope a deeper tone after it broke in a little though. Then I added the Bassani headers and catless mids and it sounds awesome.

http://www.creepercustoms.com/images/roduction.wmv

Thanks, I been trying to decided high flows or no cats, your video helps. Will probably go with Belangers though.

I do want to do a Paxton the following winter though and I have seen where those do better with a little more back pressure. I guess I need to factor that in as well.

Last edited:
IMHO my set up sounds great.Headers,3" mids ,no cats Magnaflow ,CAI.

Now with the Roe SC set up next month (hopefully) it will sound better.:burnout:

Wonder how a big lopey cam and huge heads will sound?:dontknow:

94rt10ohio said:
Thanks, I been trying to decided high flows or no cats, your video helps. Will probably go with Belangers though.

I do want to do a Paxton the following winter though and I have seen where those do better with a little more back pressure. I guess I need to factor that in as well.
I still have my stock headers on. Dan said that the exhaust would fine away out. Also have Boomer's 'catless-mid-pipes', and Magnaflow.

Quick

Last edited:
94rt10ohio said:
Here's 2 videos for you. One inside the cab and one from the stands at the drag strip. My truck has Belanger headers, Belanger mids with high flow cats and magnaflow cat back. It's a little loud but is sounds awesome with this combo. :rock:

http://media.putfile.com/SRT10-60

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/17a93aea-8b92-4161-9daf-a45b2cce1e7c.htm

wheredwhogo? said:
LMAO...Well, he didnt exactly get the other header on...he actually took the single one off and now is back to stock. dont let him fool you!

Sorry Mike.
I did not mean to be a wise ass, I didn't know. If I had remembered about the tranny I would have known better.
Hope you get your truck back with the tranny fixed soon.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back