magnasucks!

amtrucker22 said:
WOW! This is the first I heard of people having issues with Magnaflows... Hmmm...
I have had mine in for 30,000 + miles with no issues.:dontknow:

I have seen posts on other forums complaining about holes in the mufflers....SRT10s, and LX cars (SRT8s & RTs).........but the Magnaflows on my truck have 5K miles and no problems...just inspected them on a rack last week....I put 17K miles my former SRT8 Magnas w/o problem....my brother has an RT Charger with 50K+ miles on Magnas w/o problem.....maybe this is an off and on quality control problem with Magnaflows..:dontknow:

No don't listen to me :dontknow: :D I said they sucked from the beginning nobody would listen....Like sheep to the slaughter :D Sorry you boys have problems...You can attempt to contact Gary at his shop....He no longer does internet stuff :burnout:

I've been reading these forums and others for some time and had not read any about any problems with Magnaflows. My Saleen exhaust was made by Magnaflow. I had just purchased a set for the truck from Gary just before he raised his prices.

Not sure what model number it is but I had 4 Dynomax mufflers with some type of custom Corsa exhaust on mine. Didnt have any problems.

Mine had something come loose inside.Mine was also cut for the 3" mids,but the covered it anyway.

Loved the sound,but not sure I would want another one.

BUT , I have had a standard MagnaFlow on my 99 Ram since I got it and no problems.

TheSickness said:
No don't listen to me :dontknow: :D I said they sucked from the beginning nobody would listen....Like sheep to the slaughter :D Sorry you boys have problems...You can attempt to contact Gary at his shop....He no longer does internet stuff :burnout:

Know it all...:mad: ..................:D

I think it's time to quit being cheap and get a new mechanic !!!:rock:

I was gonna get the magnaflows as my first mod then heard the insde diameter of the mufflers drops down inside to 2 1/2 inches, can anybody confirm this, although I probably won't be getting them now

I think Nowwhat melted the B&B's, blew out the Borla, and trashed the flowmasters................heh, all brands have problems now and then. I know I had a rattle inside for a while, but it turned out to be a muffler installer f##kup.

If mine goes bad, I will replace with the same muffler or try something new......sh#t happens sometimes. Could be worse too........

patrick

just an update , finally found out what happened,my magnaflow split down the side! looks like it blew up! pics to be posted soon!

flchub said:
just an update , finally found out what happened,my magnaflow split down the side! looks like it blew up! pics to be posted soon!
Did it split along the weld lines or did it just blow a whole clean through the sheet metal :dontknow:

heres the pics!

Attachments

• truck engine 037.jpg
    truck engine 037.jpg
    933.1 KB · Views: 59
  • truck engine 038.jpg
    truck engine 038.jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 47
Thats look like you had so kind of malfunction going on. Does your truck look like all dirty on the bottom like that?

flchub said:
heres the pics!

Wow, that really sucks, I wonder if the later units made are having problems? Seems the guys who bought them when they first came out are not having these problems!

my magnaflow just died today. sounds like crap... bought it used, unsure about the miles, and i put 12000 on it. this sucks.
can anyone suggest any other mufflers that can be put in place, while leaving the rest of the system

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back