Making my own PS lines.

sinus19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had really good results with making my own main oil lines and now its time to do the P.S. lines. I was thinking of using AN fittings and Steel Braided hose but i dont know what size i need to get?

Last edited:
I had really good results with making my own main oil lines and now its time to do the P.S. lines. I was thinking of using AN fittings and Steel Braided hose but i dont know what size i need to get?

I went with Industrial "rubber" hoses good for 3250 p.s.i. using the factory-style fittings.
The upper swivel hose off of the pump (1" fitting) has a problematic teflon swivel-fitting that was eliminated and silver-soldered with a rigid piece installed there and eliminated the swivel . $78.00 total cost, at an Industrial Hose joint.

The system relief on the ps pump is set at approx. 1600 p.s.i. so if the hoses aren't rated that high, they could/will eventually rupture if the pressure exceeds the hose's safe pressure limit.

Size matters (as they say:)) and the power-steering feel is based on pressure AND flow.
A small(er) hose will change the feel through the wheel.

Last edited:
I went with Industrial "rubber" hoses good for 3250 p.s.i. using the factory-style fittings.
The upper swivel hose off of the pump (1" fitting) has a problematic teflon swivel-fitting that was eliminated and silver-soldered with a rigid piece installed there and eliminated the swivel . $78.00 total cost, at an Industrial Hose joint.

The system relief on the ps pump is set at approx. 1600 p.s.i. so if the hoses aren't rated that high, they could/will eventually rupture if the pressure exceeds the hose's safe pressure limit.

Size matters (as they say:)) and the power-steering feel is based on pressure AND flow.

Very goon information. Thanks. Ill make sure i order up the correct hose. I will also check my local hydraulic hose shop.

Change the feeling? Like harder and easier to turn?

I made my own as this was long before anyone supplied kits. Used braided line and AN fittings. Don't remember details as it was a good 10yrs ago. Still working fine and no change in steering.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back