Making noise ... need help..

Blackbetty

Reaction score
Today my truck started making a knocking noise after my belts have been squeeking.... i checked oil levels are fine. And oil looks cleen and not discolored. Smells like burning rubber... at first i thought it was the tranny but the noise is comming from the engine bay... the truck only has 48k miles on it and maintenance has always been kept up on i change oil every 2500 miles. If any one has any ideas please let me know.

When my tensioner pully took a crap it made the most hellacious noise. I thought for sure it was a bad engine.... Changed the pulley and it worked great!

Two balancers have come off customers trucks in the past few weeks. Check it well. Ensure belt is turning when noise happens. Remove belt and soon each pulley by hand.

Thank you guys so much. I went in and it was definately the crank bolt..... I'm so thankfull it wasnt the engine

Thank you guys so much. I went in and it was definately the crank bolt..... I'm so thankfull it wasnt the engine

Look for a crack on the balance sleeve to be safe. Mine cracked when the bolt backed out. Bolt was still in it, just backed out a little.

make sure to put some thread lock in there as well

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back