Manual Ram Owners... Enter

Final GTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you happen to have a Manual 05-06 Ram, and want to make a hundred bucks *OR* get a complimentary ECU flash, along with a BRAND NEW ECU free... contact me! The short of it is that your MT Ram ECUs have a couple of desirable components in them that we have a hell of a time locating for our conversions and repairs, which your truck absolutely DOES NOT USE. We will give you a brand new MT ECU in trade, plus a hundred bucks or a complimentary basic ECU flash to your specifications. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. This offer is *ONLY* valid for working, undamaged, good condition ECUs, and only until we replenish our stock.

sounds like a hell of a deal.:rock:

would a person have to return the ECM to stock tune to have this done???:dontknow:

sounds like a hell of a deal.:rock:

would a person have to return the ECM to stock tune to have this done???:dontknow:

Can you further explain the situation?

The short answer is no- makes no difference to me what is currently programmed on the ECU. However, if you have an SCT device you wish to continue using, or some other differing situation that matters on your end, it may be a consideration in how it is executed.

Can you further explain the PCM integral parts you need and how they're in our PCM yet not used? I'm confused? Very interested in hearing more about your need for them and why. Many of our PCMs are SCT tuned and therefore we'd need to return to stock first or it will render SCT locked. That's ZCX's and my worry as well as many other skeptical folks.
I know your damn good people Dan we are just more curious as to what this process consists of first ;)
Thanks for your info,
Scott

Can you further explain the PCM integral parts you need and how they're in our PCM yet not used? I'm confused? Very interested in hearing more about your need for them and why. Many of our PCMs are SCT tuned and therefore we'd need to return to stock first or it will render SCT locked. That's ZCX's and my worry as well as many other skeptical folks.
I know your damn good people Dan we are just more curious as to what this process consists of first ;)
Thanks for your info,
Scott

Hi Scott,

Without going into excessive detail, basically the gist of it is that the Manual transmission Ram PCM's have some of the components in them for the Automatic PCM versions. These components are a pain to locate and we have to get them sent over from China to produce Ram Auto ECUs. I would much rather start from an ECU core that I need to find fewer components for, than to start from scratch every time.

As anyone could guess, the Manual versions absolutely do not use these components. Therefore, we can produce replacement brand new ECU's, flashed to emulate the original ECU, without any drama. This will be supplied to the Ram owner, plus cash or a comp tune, in exchange for keeping their original core.

Also, if anyone is concerned about SCT locking, etc- that's no issue. You can either return to stock before sending, or just ship the device with and we can do the transfer for you.

Last edited:
What about '04's? :dontknow:

Also, If a SCT tuner was sent in along with the PCM, and a free flash was given to the new PCM, wouldn't this render the SCT's tune invalid without overwriting the said flash? :dontknow:

What about '04's? :dontknow:

Also, If a SCT tuner was sent in along with the PCM, and a free flash was given to the new PCM, wouldn't this render the SCT's tune invalid without overwriting the said flash? :dontknow:

We already have multiple 04 cores on the shelf, and just acquired a few more. I *MAY* look for some of them soon.

With regard to the flash, in general if you already have the SCT, you would not use the flash, you would take the cash instead. But yes, you are correct- if someone wanted another tune in that case, it would be lost if they were to overwrite it.

That said, in such an oddball scenario, we could always supply an SCT tune file instead.

We already have multiple 04 cores on the shelf, and just acquired a few more. I *MAY* look for some of them soon.

With regard to the flash, in general if you already have the SCT, you would not use the flash, you would take the cash instead. But yes, you are correct- if someone wanted another tune in that case, it would be lost if they were to overwrite it.

That said, in such an oddball scenario, we could always supply an SCT tune file instead.

Nice, just wondering and thanks. :burnout:

So are you looking for auto and manual PCMs or just manual? You do know quad cabs didn't come 6 speed right? Likely this example above is a quad cab PCM that's flashed with a RC tune. Just wondering

Ultimately, either. As long as it started life for a 2005-2006 truck and was a processor code for one of them, I can use either core as a start point. Makes no difference to me what is currently flashed into it, and the VIN will be wiped as well as part of the board work.

Yes, I am aware how they are sold/available, it just doesn't matter in this case. As long as the Ram has a 6-speed now, its not using any of the components in question, and does apply.

Last edited:
Ultimately, either. As long as it started life for a 2005-2006 truck and was a processor code for one of them, I can use either core as a start point. Makes no difference to me what is currently flashed into it, and the VIN will be wiped as well as part of the board work.

Yes, I am aware how they are sold/available, it just doesn't matter in this case. As long as the Ram has a 6-speed now, its not using any of the components in question, and does apply.

Awesome! I'll see what I can dig up for ya

I have a QC ECU though.....

As posted above, that is fine too. The components are in there, regardless if you are using them. What might make more sense is to look at it as ANY 2005-2006 Ram ECU's would apply, provided they are currently attached to a manual trans.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back