Matching grilles installed

drumline99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2v0zvpv.jpg

2pt3sl1.jpg

Muuuuuuch better.... Now they are all the same patten :rock:

Last edited:
Where on EARTH did you find those? I had to scour eBay to find a set of OEM Dodge Work Truck inserts, and even then I hit them with flat black to make them look better. I really want what you have, though!

Street Scene makes the diamond pattern I think.

I especially like how these are set back in the grille, not popping out towards the face. I'm guessing they're homemade?

Had to buy a 24x48 sheet and cut out the pieces. Only took a few hours.

Where did you get the material? Did it come in black or did you have to paint it? Did you do any bending or just leave it flat? How'd you attach it? Is it four separate pieces? Will you make me one? Where are you located? Do you need a friend? Am I driving you nuts yet? Can you guess how many beers I've had tonight?

Where did you get the material? Did it come in black or did you have to paint it? Did you do any bending or just leave it flat? How'd you attach it? Is it four separate pieces? Will you make me one? Where are you located? Do you need a friend? Am I driving you nuts yet? Can you guess how many beers I've had tonight?

I got it here:
customcargrills.com - Diamond XXL FLAT Grill Mesh Sheets

Comes in flat or gloss black.

I cut it in 4 equal pieces from the 12x48 sheet, trimmed it larger than the openings and bent the edges around it. I hit the edges with hot glue. Not sure how long that will last, but it seems really secure for now. Might need to go to some sorta cement or jb weld if the hot glue doesn't last.

They are pretty simple to make...you shouldn't have a problem.

I'm left coast and dang I thought we were friends already haha

Beers... I'm guessing threeve?

It looks bad-ass man, congrats......and I think I'm gonna follow your lead.

I got it here:
customcargrills.com - Diamond XXL FLAT Grill Mesh Sheets

Comes in flat or gloss black.

I cut it in 4 equal pieces from the 12x48 sheet, trimmed it larger than the openings and bent the edges around it. I hit the edges with hot glue. Not sure how long that will last, but it seems really secure for now. Might need to go to some sorta cement or jb weld if the hot glue doesn't last.

They are pretty simple to make...you shouldn't have a problem.

I'm left coast and dang I thought we were friends already haha

Beers... I'm guessing threeve?

It does look very good, however I'm curious why you didn't order the pre-made inserts, vs. cutting your own from the same company. It looks like they have them in silver, and they could simply be painted. Great find.

That is a nice find. I just did honey bomb but now I think I may want to buy their pre cut sets!

I still like the look of the OE honeycombs, won't be changing mine anytime soon.....

It does look very good, however I'm curious why you didn't order the pre-made inserts, vs. cutting your own from the same company. It looks like they have them in silver, and they could simply be painted. Great find.

:dontknow: I'm a terrible painter? I wasn't sure if those were flat against the shell or kinda popped out so I figured I just make it. Ah well haha.

I love the look and am going to copy your idea. I'm leery of the hot glue thing, especially when the temperatures swing 50+ degrees in one day here in Virginia, but we'll see how it goes. I never could find a black honeycomb grille for the '06, only for the '05, so this is a decent solution. Thanks for the idea! I'm much more sober now, and I need a friend on the west coast so TAG you're it! lol

For only $39, this is probably an easier route for me to take. I'm only a novice painter... any tips on how to get the black to stick and look good? I'd prefer the easy rattle-can stuff, but does anyone have a particular brand they like?

For only $39, this is probably an easier route for me to take. I'm only a novice painter... any tips on how to get the black to stick and look good? I'd prefer the easy rattle-can stuff, but does anyone have a particular brand they like?

I emailed the business to let them know they might be getting some orders on those. I also asked to see if he could paint some of the precut ones. We shall see though. No tips on painting from me, I suck at that lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back