Mecum Auction on Sat!

hawk02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are 2 SRT10's scheduled for auction this Saturday on Velocity, 2005 Red QC and a 2005 Black RC. There wasn't too much info on them yet but lets see what these 2 go for..........:rock:

OK! A 2004 Chevy SSR sells for $23,000 and a 1 owner 2005 Red QC SRT10 with 39,000 miles can't get bids over $19,000(aka the bid goes on)!!!!!!!! WTF are people thinking, there is a no comparison between the 2!!!!!!!! Help me out here.........

Wow. Didn't see that One yet. That's what I paid for my 04 last month.

OK! A 2004 Chevy SSR sells for $23,000 and a 1 owner 2005 Red QC SRT10 with 39,000 miles can't get bids over $19,000(aka the bid goes on)!!!!!!!! WTF are people thinking, there is a no comparison between the 2!!!!!!!! Help me out here.........

Because the SSR is a classic and the SRT is just your average run of the mill 500HP, Viper Powered beater

It is because it is a Dodge. Sad the announcers get a tingle in their leg when anything Chevy gets on stage. Same as the crowd most of the time.

I would not allow the Mecum auction truly declare the real value in our trucks.

As you can see, the auction does not draw a high end crowd where $$ is considered.

Trucks historically do GREAT at Barret Jackson in Scottsdale. That's where mine will sell in a handful of years from now.

I agree that Mecums will not give you a good estimate of the true value of our trucks. Plus, they dont advertise like Barett Jackson does. I saw both of these trucks on Mecums show. Both of them were mid $20k trucks at least. With the proper pre-auction hype, they would've brought that. If I were in a muscle car buying mood, I would go to Mecums first. The prices are always lower than Baretts. However, I dont see the same diversity at Mecums.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back