Mesh grill pics

texastonka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the best mesh grills out there? Anyone have pics on how they install and how much the block out view of the engine bay? MAtching hood duct unit?

I had to take out my inner grill covers for my intercooler and don't like the way it looks, figured a black mesh grill will hide it well?

the absollute best out there to match the oem hood an lower is streetscene, relativly cheap, and very very nice looking, you also have grillcraft which is usually the pick of choice, sold probaby a hundred or more of those for srt's

DODGE RAM 02-05 MX-SERIES

be aware that the grillcraft grills need holes drilled to mount, while the honeycomb ones are a direct replacement for the oem grills & fit properly....:)

Last edited:
I can take some later if I get out today, but I found it out after i ordered up some street scene grills, a reg u clip it like slips on over the grill and holds it to the shell

the absollute best out there to match the oem hood an lower is streetscene, relativly cheap, and very very nice looking, you also have grillcraft which is usually the pick of choice, sold probaby a hundred or more of those for srt's

Well thats how much I know about these trucks! Mine has the black honeycomb grills in it, but the holes are too big to hide all the shiny bits under the hood. Looked awesome with the undergrill shrouds because it blacked it all out. The StreetScene sounds like a bit of fab work to make it fit with a good bit of prep and paint. The Grillcraft I have looked at very closely but can't seem to find a matching bumper and hood insert.

What about the custom JMB grills? Anyone run those? When PC'ed black does it hide all the go fast junk under the hood?

Put the shrouds back in :dontknow: :D

Would love to but I went and installed a 26x8x3.5" heat exchanger up front and with the 1" lines and all that mess there is no room for the shrouds...

Will post pics of the build ART here in Texas really outdid themselves..

My intake air stays at ambient temp all day long no matter how hard I hit this thing...

Installing an ice box at a later date to go under ambient temps...

Im runnning the street scene grill with the u-clips,they can scratch the paint a little but you dont notice it and the street scene grill does look really good!

Sounds like the factory honey comb is a better deal if you ask me.

I appreciate everyone giving feedback, this is great. I do have black honeycomb grills in it now. I took a pic of what it looks like now and why I can't have the shrouds in. Need something with a smaller hole, more dense material, anything to help black out the openess...

Ideas?

Attachments

• DSC00193.jpg
    DSC00193.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 673
  • DSC00192.jpg
    DSC00192.jpg
    557.3 KB · Views: 237
Yea, I would be looking for something else if I were you as well.
can you paint it black? Would that effect how it cools? :dontknow:

I did a search. Lots of people ask that question (to paint or not to paint). Apparently people say anodize it. That won't affect the cooling.
Paint will trap heat in.

I would think anything you put on it as a coating would affect the cooling properties? :dontknow:

But that would still leave the big gap on the driver and passenger side

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back