Mesh grill pics

your not going to hide everything unless you jsut put plexiglass behind the grill and paint it black?, but painting a cooler that is used on the street , your not gonna notice that much difference, does it affect it yes, will you notice it? most likly not

If it were me. Call whoever made the intercooler and ask about anodizing it black. Just doing a google seach says anodizing will not affect cooling, but better going straight to whoever made it.
As far as the gaps, trim the shrouds and put them back. :dontknow: Anything you do for a grill, fine mesh, black or whatever isn't going to hide both your problems (intercooler and the gap). If it is fine enough to hide it, then its probably going to block alot of the air going in through the grill. :dontknow:

If it were me. Call whoever made the intercooler and ask about anodizing it black. Just doing a google seach says anodizing will not affect cooling, but better going straight to whoever made it.
As far as the gaps, trim the shrouds and put them back. :dontknow: Anything you do for a grill, fine mesh, black or whatever isn't going to hide both your problems (intercooler and the gap). If it is fine enough to hide it, then its probably going to block alot of the air going in through the grill. :dontknow:

h ell if he is lucky enough , he should be worried about what is on his tailgate:D that should be what folks are looking at:aetsch:

Don't know if any of this is true or not.

Anodizing intercooler benefits:

Larger intercooler surface area compared to normal oxidized aluminum.
Greater emissivity compared to normal oxidized aluminum.
Greater corrosion resistance compared to normal oxidized aluminum.
Greater abrasion resistance compared to normal oxidized aluminum.
Much more durable than other available finishes.
"Sleeper" look - draws much less attention to your car.

be aware that the grillcraft grills need holes drilled to mount, while the honeycomb ones are a direct replacement for the oem grills & fit properly....:)

Agreed about drilling the holes for the grill craft but they can take a serious beating.

my grill need to paint body color yet

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,474
Are the shrouds the plastic pieces that direct air and are attached to the grill and if so wouldn't it help cool off better if you took them off, just asking no clue thanks guys

The grill inserts are a very large part of the aerodynamics of the truck. More than enough air flows between them and provides diffusion cooling. Too much air in the engine bay acts like a drag parachute which can also affect high speed stability (Lift). The more air that goes around the truck, the less drag. Also, the right side has a great duct to direct a large volume of cool air into the fender well, feeding the stock airbox.

Link to great read..... http://books.google.com/books?id=36...nepage&q=engine bay diffusion cooling&f=false

It is very cool that the Dodge NASCAR team helped with this trucks design!!:rock:

Last edited:
Ok here is a question what is the best way to get the oem grill out of a 06 ? Is there a way to do it without breaking it . I have the grill craft sitting for 3 months now because the oem looks to be a pain in the ass . Wes you had a grillcraft right ?

REPOMAN1 said:
Ok here is a question what is the best way to get the oem grill out of a 06 ? Is there a way to do it without breaking it . I have the grill craft sitting for 3 months now because the oem looks to be a pain in the ass . Wes you had a grillcraft right ?

Send it to me and I'll install and send u how-to pics.

the absollute best out there to match the oem hood an lower is streetscene, relativly cheap, and very very nice looking, you also have grillcraft which is usually the pick of choice, sold probaby a hundred or more of those for srt's

DODGE RAM 02-05 MX-SERIES

Do you have this mesh for all openings, lower valance etc..

I don't remember how I got the stock one off. It was my first mod years ago. :D
I do remember using a small flat head screwdriver and fighting with it a bit. Only took a hour or so.

Per the instructions for the Mopar honeycomb insert kit, the grille shell is removed from the metal support brackets. Using a flat blade screw driver, the plastic clips holding the OEM insert in place can be pushed back slightly to free the insert from the shell. I'm not sure how much force is needed to push back the shell support clips or how durable they may be. I would try heating the clips a little before trying to bend them back to clear the insert holes. Looking at the pics from the instructions it seems simple but time consuming. FYI: I'm not sure how the grill craft inserts mount once the OEM inserts are removed. But, the Mopar inserts remount to the shell clips with a spacer and retainer clip that slides over the shell clip.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back