mids with mechanical sims? HELP!!

RUFROZN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
recently traded for some mids with mechanical sims? i am not familar with this, i only know about the ones you plug in and eliminate the o2 sensors completely- My check engine light now comes on for the O2 sensors - am i doing something wrong??? these originally came from gary at XMETAL
HELP!:(

If you have the sims then the CEL should not come on. Try call Gary and explain it to him.

Last edited:
Try unplugging your battery for a few minutes. It may establish a baseline for your mechanical sims. Don't ask me why but it work on my two trucks.

RUFROZN said:
recently traded for some mids with mechanical sims? i am not familar with this, i only know about the ones you plug in and eliminate the o2 sensors completely- My check engine light now comes on for the O2 sensors - am i doing something wrong??? these originally came from gary at XMETAL
HELP!:(
mechanical sims are different from electrical..... with mechanical, you install the mechanical sims in the back two o2 sensor positions, then install your o2 sensor into the sims...... see pic in link:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=133&t=229959

what they do is remove your o2 sensors out of the exhaust stream enough to fool it into thinking there are cats...... work great on my system for months.........:rock:

what code are you getting??? if you are getting an 02 code thats different than a cat efficiency code

moparracing said:
mechanical sims are different from electrical..... with mechanical, you install the mechanical sims in the back two o2 sensor positions, then install your o2 sensor into the sims...... see pic in link:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=133&t=229959

what they do is remove your o2 sensors out of the exhaust stream enough to fool it into thinking there are cats...... work great on my system for months.........:rock:

I have x metal mids and mech sims as well..............make sure you have the sims installed like Moparracing mentioned.

patrick

by the link that was provided are those the right ones- as far as part numbers go- which one do you drill out? or does it matter if you notice in the link it has 2 different ones

RUFROZN said:
by the link that was provided are those the right ones- as far as part numbers go- which one do you drill out? or does it matter if you notice in the link it has 2 different ones
first of all, tell us what you got for mechanical sims (pics would be helpful)....... if you didn't get them, i can give you a link to where to purchase..... most guys use a 2 piece per side setup like in the previous link..... they come with small holes in them...... one goes in your exhaust, followed by a drilled out one, followed by the o2 sensor (per side).........

as far as what's pictured in the link, both items are the same, just different part numbers (i used #420002)......

hope this helps..........:D

oh, & since you're already getting a cel, what bone suggested would be a good idea once you're done with installing the sims.....

Last edited:
You can add washers inside the fowlers too, it will cut even more airflow out.

Bump.

I'm going to be the second one with the x-metal mids and sims to throw a code.

The truck is showing P0420, which has to do with cat efficiency...planning on getting ahold of dragon to possibly do mopar PCM to get rid of the o2 sensor reading all together.

Overall, the sound and performance are great. i'm just pretty P-Oed.

Reset the code. Unplug the battery for 30 minutes or so. See if it comes back.

That's the plan for tomorrow. I'm sure it will come back eventually.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back