Minor Hiccup with #1900, probably SCT Related

Venom Power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m running the streets tonight feeding my much needed fix for power and speed after being in Norway for a month. Suddenly silverqc (Trey) sees me zooming by and calls me on my cell. So I turn #1900 around and head over to his location at a restaurant. I parked her as usual and locked the doors with the remote.

After checking out his new badass XJ Jeep we go over to #1900 so he could check out her new gauges and stuff. Well, I put the key in the ignition, turned it forward and there was no response. Then the headlights came on, and stayed on even though the switch was set to ‘off’. The automatic locks remote wouldn’t do anything, hell even the dome light was off. It seemed as if she were a parking lot statue. So we’re sitting there wondering what’s happening, contemplating where we would find tools to disconnect the battery for a reset. When Trey pressed the door locks it caused some activity in the instrument cluster and the headlights turned off. But when I tried again to start her she turned on but the instrument cluster was blank then the sputtered back off. The headlights came back on again (light switch is still off). Eventually, I decided to turn the key back and forth in the ignition around 7 to 11 times to attempt a reset that way. Finally she woke back up. I drove her home and she ran like a burnt dog roaring down the freeway as she always does. Anyway has this scenario happened to anyone else and their ’04 RC?

For more detail these are the only mods I added from last month to now.

SCT tune from ROE (I only implemented the medium tune so far)
D-pic
A/F gauge
New Viper floor mats
Fang shifter knob
Billet oil cap…

And I had her hooked up to a trickle charger while I was away for a month.. Just like I did the month before.. And she started right up without a problem before I took her out.

From any of these mods I’m thinking that only the SCT would be responsible for this hiccup. STINKER DOO… WHERE ARE YOOOOU???

Glad you are home safe - I hope 1900 pulls out of it ok ;) :D

That is weird

i had a mouse get into my dash of an old chevy i had ,,damn thing chewed the wires up ,,started doing the same thing ,,

Did you properly ground the oil cap when you installed it? The billet could short out some fuses.

I'm going to run her around today. With the mods I've done I can expect zero help from Chrysler. I'm hoping it was just a one of those minor things. I'll check the oil cap ground to make sure it is a good connection. But if it is and she does that again a few more times, I will feel reeeally uneasy about taking her all the way to Florida next month. That would suck.

Hook up the SCT and check for any codes....not all codes set the CEL......................and labontecsi, why does the billet oil cap need to be grounded? Are you talking about the oil filler cap??:dontknow:

I had similar situation happen to me, but I was do to my aux electric fan controller the remote wire and constant 12 volt wire melted together shooting voltage back through the fuse box which burned out the passenger side airbag switch and my boost gauge. I guess it happened because of too much amperage causing the 12v constant to melt the protective jacket to melt. Go through all of your gauge wires and make sure that you don't have a short somewhere. All signs seem to point that you're getting volt back into the system making it go carzy. My alarm acted the same way, my gauge cluster was lit up like a xmas tree, and my head lights turned on in my drive way after I had shut down the truck for 5 min.

Its probably has nothing to do with the SCT.

get a new battery Sounds crazy i know... when i met my GF and we went on our first date.. we were out in the sticks..well i went to turn my truck on same thing happended lights would come on.. the tuck would start then spudder out.. the the gauge cluster would work and then it wouldn't.. looked like a damn strobe show in the thing i went stuck a new battery in it and it was fixed!

Tooloe said:
get a new battery Sounds crazy i know... when i met my GF and we went on our first date.. we were out in the sticks..well i went to turn my truck on same thing happended lights would come on.. the tuck would start then spudder out.. the the gauge cluster would work and then it wouldn't.. looked like a damn strobe show in the thing i went stuck a new battery in it and it was fixed!
Oldest trick in the book to get laid.:D

Tooloe said:

Weird for sure..............but all these 04's have 4 year old batteries now. Not sure about Houston but with the salt air here, they only last about 4 years. I am expecting mine to start showing signs of bu-bye now.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Weird for sure..............but all these 04's have 4 year old batteries now. Not sure about Houston but with the salt air here, they only last about 4 years. I am expecting mine to start showing signs of bu-bye now.

patrick
I know it sounds crazy,But i replaced mine before i had any trouble with it.I hate getting stuck somewhere because i tried to squeeze a little more juice out of a 4 yr. old battery.I'm the same way with gas fill ups,Never let it get under 1/4 of a tank.

Excellent responses guys. I didn't expect any less from you all. This just gives me an excuse to get an Optima battery.. Sahhweet..

JRSVIPR said:
I know it sounds crazy,But i replaced mine before i had any trouble with it.I hate getting stuck somewhere because i tried to squeeze a little more juice out of a 4 yr. old battery.I'm the same way with gas fill ups,Never let it get under 1/4 of a tank.

..:dito: ...I have been standed 3 times by batteries that were about to be 4 yrs old......the 3rd time I was stranded in a parking lot on a rainy day......from that day on I put in a new battery when they turn 3 yrs old no matter how good they check out..

TNVIPER said:
..:dito: ...I have been standed 3 times by batteries that were about to be 4 yrs old......the 3rd time I was stranded in a parking lot on a rainy day......from that day on I put in a new battery when they turn 3 yrs old no matter how good they check out..

This sounds so logical. Here it is I was thinking that I was playing it safe by hooking up a trickle charger to a battery that is already at least 4 years old (OEM battery).. I didn't think the battery was long overdue for a change. I'm getting dressed right now to run out and try to find an Optima. What's the proper Optima battery? Top mount, I know but is it 34/78? Does anyone know?

TNVIPER said:
labontecsi, why does the billet oil cap need to be grounded? Are you talking about the oil filler cap??:dontknow:

That would have been sarcasm. Haven't you ever been told to check your muffler bearing, or your headlight fluid?:D :D :D :D

Venom Power said:
Excellent responses guys. I didn't expect any less from you all. This just gives me an excuse to get an Optima battery.. Sahhweet..

and Justin's battery relocator kit?????
got mine. just been waitin for the battery to act up to replace & relocate
:rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout:

Last edited:
sorry anthony:eek: been a real rough couple days:D

lets put it this way .........9 crack whores, one pimp, two drug dealers, and three guys tring to break into my trailor............result ....montgomery alabama ta is no place to stay:mad:

but probably a battery issue, after 3 years they will loose some of the adaptability to recharge to a certain point , the cells get a touch weak.

run it by an auto zone, have them load test it, see how it does, but probably a battery will do ya.

but on the SCT, I warn everyone to be careful loading and unloading tunes frequently , done heard of a couple stories of files gettting corupted during the down load for some reason, so i would keep the swapping to a minimum

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back