Miss you guys already

SlvrSnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know the knowledge and know how here is the best.

Holy crap what a difference compared to some other sites. Anyway, I spent about 2 hrs trying to help some poor SOB who put a CAI on his HEMI and was leaking PS fluid all over the place. Don't ask!!

Long story short I finally figured out that he somehow stripped the threads by cross threading or using the wrong bolt on the top of the PS pump which is where the CAI bracket attached but also holds down the pump hose flange. Bolt was spinning in there and would not tighten, and all of the PS leaked out and threw a CEL :chain:

Poor bastard had it towed to the dealer to get it fixed with only 200 miles on the car. Doohhh!!!! :drool:

Confucius say, "he who jam bolt in hole put tools back in box!" ;)

nothing like a $1500 cai!! A month back I had a horse lady bring in a 35k tractor because the change oil light was on...I said change oil light? She said yeah the lil red oil drop light...I said to myself that's not the change oil light that's the change engine light...tractor had been running with less than 20 psi oil press all summer and half the winter..long story short, it made it about 12 miles down the road after we took oil sample and changed the fluids, lady thought we were crazy when we told her it had about zero oil press...oil sample confirmed that after 2000 hrs the break in oil was still in motor...well about a gallon out of 4...

Last edited:
I'm no rocket scientist and have done my fair share of dumb ass things but it makes me wonder sometimes how these people get through life.

I actually felt sorry for the guy I was talking about when I had to explain what cross threading was we he said he did not know what that meant but had a feeling it was bad. :D

Oh, boy!

I hope you turned the new owner of your truck onto the VTCoA .....I love looking at the coolest colored ones !!!

Welcome back homie

Told you I wasn't leaving. My oldest kid is not happy with me about getting rid of the truck. Who knows what will happen in the future. Oh, I can forsee pissed off wife :D

I'm not sure if it's sold yet and I don't even have the new ride yet. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow at the dealer.

I'm an ass. Already have a Mopar CAI, SRT Starter button (Red instead of black) and bright pedal kit in my laundry room for the Durango. Don't even have the car yet and am all set to start taking it apart. :drool:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back