Missing Oil Help

By By Money

Reaction score
Hey Guys help would be appreciated.

My 05 SRT10QC is going thru oil like crazy. It currently has 75,000 miles and I cannot see any oil on the floor or any burnt oil coming out the tailpipe.

Is there anything in particular I should look at. i.e. known gaskets that like to leak.

Thanks

check the oil cooler lines.....

Oil either hits the floor or out the exhaust! Check behind the throttle body might be filling the intake manifold

define "like crazy".

I have an 04 with 84k on the odo. I usually have to add a quart every 1000 miles or so.

Also, the dipstick on my 04 doesn't always give an accurate reading, and could appear to be at a lower level than it actually is.

Someone said to clean the end of the dipstick off with your fingers before re-dipping, seems to work.

EDIT: and yes, my oil cooler lines leaked until I bought a pair of Stinkers', these are the lines going from the oil pump, on the right/passenger front of the engine, to this plastic "cooler" thingy on the front passenger side of the engine bay. The stock ones are rubber with mexican/spanish writing on them ( and probably slathered with oil).

Last edited:
Hey Guys help would be appreciated.

My 05 SRT10QC is going thru oil like crazy. It currently has 75,000 miles and I cannot see any oil on the floor or any burnt oil coming out the tailpipe.

Is there anything in particular I should look at. i.e. known gaskets that like to leak.

Thanks

Odd as this sounds, check carefully around the oil filler cap.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back