MOBIL 1

belgiumbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what do you pay for Mobil 1 ??

My garage had a stock which is now empty ( with my truck... :D ) and cannot buy it anymore at dealerprices... So he informed and they ask him 15 $ /liter for a 60 liter drum... is this correct ?? :dontknow:

AWDisuzu said:
that sounds pretty cheap.

i do not find it " cheap" :dontknow: that means every 3000 miles a oil change of 150 $ ? Used as daily driver i'm up to let's say 12.000 miles a year ,
so 4 oil changes x 150 $ = 600 $ a year ....:mad:

That's 0.05 $ / mile , not counted oil consumation which is sure 1 liter between oil changes... makes 0.055 $ /mile... :eek: :D :D

Ok, i measured fuel consumption and came out at 25 liters/100 km ( about 10.5 mpg ) at 1.6 $/liter makes 0.4 $/km .. so yes , oil is cheap , only 1/10 of the fuel...:confused: :D
That makes my baby runs at 0.728 $/mile if i don't burn rubber . :star:

Silverback got the slide rule out again...and I am so grateful...I would have had to look at three different reference tables to get to his comment.

Thanks man! You Rock!

Silverback said:
I think you missed it. It's $15 per liter in a 60 liter drum. That would be about $14 per quart for us.

Thanx Silverback , so i pay 14$ per quart , what do you guys pay ? :dontknow:

sleeper said:
I think I paid around $5 or 6 per quart. I buy it at Walmart in a gallon size.
:dito:

Or autozone for approx the same price.

Filter is about $10 for the Mobil 1 type

Search the internet and you can get it for 5.99 a quart, then most have free shipping with an order over a certain amount...

Me and my uncle split a 55 gallon drum, 450$ a piece. That came out to 4.01/quart.

oh you're right! *zooms over my head*

liter, quart, same thing eh? ya thats hella pricey. I pay $100 for an oil change at Jiffy Lube

i go to advance auto zone and buy it by the box usually around 5$ a quart
:rock:

Sharpi

THANX guys for the info....need to some shopping around as they seem to ask here 3x the price... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Perhaps i can try frites-oil ? That we have in Belgium enough...:D

Just picked up some for my motorcycle. $8.09 CDN at Wally world... :(

belgiumbarry said:
Just curious, what do you pay for Mobil 1 ??

My garage had a stock which is now empty ( with my truck... :D ) and cannot buy it anymore at dealerprices... So he informed and they ask him 15 $ /liter for a 60 liter drum... is this correct ?? :dontknow:

Here is Arizona we are paying around $6.19 quart... so thats what I use the AutoZone Rewards Card... I but 3 quarts at a time, and a candy bar, get my $20 purchase.. repeat several times... until I get my $100 in purchases.. then I get a $20 gift card..... hey.. they made the rules...

or you could just find some kid who works at a certain parts house near the woodland (texas) and get him to gice you 10 quarts of royal purple and a mobil 1 oil filter for $$$18.57.. slipped him $20 for hookin it up... it was weird...didnt knwo the perks of having an srt-010 ram went to that extent!!!! i will be visiting him frequently from now on!!!

AWDisuzu said:
oh you're right! *zooms over my head*

liter, quart, same thing eh? ya thats hella pricey. I pay $100 for an oil change at Jiffy Lube

Pretty close 1 litre = 1.0566882 US quart

I pay $8.40/litre

Ron

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back