Mobile One Oil Sale!

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auto Zone August Special. 5 Quarts any weight Mobile One synthetic oil, and any oil mobil one extended performance oil filter $34.95 save $25.00. I bought 2 deals, for 70 bucks saving $52 with military discount, then returned the extra $17 oil filter and 2 quarts of oil and got $36 bucks back.

Long story short. I got an Mobil One extended performance oil filter, and 8 quarts 0w40 (still had one in garage) for just over $34 bucks. Saving 88 bucks.

I may go back tomorrow and do it again.

HELL YEAH:rock::rock::rock:

Good deal man...I wouldnt feel guilty a bit since they have gotten ALOT of green from me throught the years.

I was there today and got 4 of those deals. It's 29.99 for the same deal here in Sc.

Last edited:
Hey Jeff, your 10 only uses 8 quarts or did I miss somethin? My 10 uses 10 quarts.

Hey Jeff, your 10 only uses 8 quarts or did I miss somethin? My 10 uses 10 quarts.

My 05 held 8.5 quarts to full mark. Don't see why my 06 would (different but I ill sure check it when I fill it and after I drive the block.

I think I'm making a detour on the way home tonight.

So I recently switched from whatever the dealer ship put in to M1 15-50 (a buddy of mine had a 97 GTS he ran that weight in) and the 10 has been rurnning great ever since and the oil pressure stays right at 80lbs WOT is slightly higher. When I check the dip stick litterally one side of the marker is covered in oil to the fill line and the other side is totally dry. It almost looks like it was frombeing dragged down the side of the dipstick tube but the oil is marked to fill line. Am I an idiot and my 10 is wicked low on oil oris this normal. Its an 04RC and I put in 8:5 qts then added another .5 afer about 2k. It seemd when he gets low the oil pressure will drop a little bit at idle.

The oil pressure wont change if its a little low. The pressure is from the pump that is submerged. it doesnt care what the oil level is, as long as the pickup is under oil. If it comes out of oil, pressure drops to zero, it cavitates, aerates, and causes bigger issues than low oil. The thicker oil will result in higher pressures as its more difficult to push it through the orifices in the engine. Specifically the Rhodes style high bleed hydraulic lifters. They compress at low rpms absorbing some of the lift from the cam, improving idle, throttle response, vacuum, and emissions. At higher rpm they pump up hard and provide full cam lift to the valves. The thickness of the oil effects at what rpm these lifters pump up. I speculate the thicker oil lowers the rpm that the lifters produce full lift.

The importance of the proper oil level is so that the crank has enough oil to slap, and drag up and splash the bottom of the pistons and cylinder walls to keep it lubricated. Because the crank is round, the importance of the level of oil goes up exponentially. The lower the level, a drastic decrease in the available oil to splash on the cylinders. Additionally, when the oil level is too high, it causes parasitic drag, and the extra oil it splashes sometimes makes it difficult for the rings to swipe away. This can cause oil burn and smoking.

The cable style dip stick with the barrel end and the pentastar emblems on it , i think in the 04/05 were notoriously hard to read. Especially with fresh oil in it. A trick on those is to spin the dipstick before you remove it so it evenly coats both sides. Also you can get some 80 grit sandpaper and scuff up the barrel so it clings more oil. If you have the flat blade style dipstick like i do, it should read evenly on both sides of the stick. If its not its likely you have low oil level, and you are wiping it down the dipstick tube.

I would get 2-3 quarts of oil, next time you do your oil change, add them to it, before you drain and see if the stick reads proper when you add oil to it. That way if you put too much you can drain it anyway.

Wow what an informative answer. I always get the best responses from the guys on here. Thanx again for all of the help. I'm about 200 miles short of my next oil change and I'm up in CT and as far as my joey experience can take me the engine seemed to run better than what ever the dealership put in it when I bought it. I am also going to try a little thinner oil as the weather gets colder up here. Thanx again for all of the info jeff.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back