Mod updates... Cam suggestions?

KyleB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been tackling some odds and ends/maintenance stuff with my truck since I got it. Belt tensioner, brakes, installing the poly bushings that came with lowering kit that the previous owner had never put in, alignment, etc.

So now the fun stuff, I have ordered some V1 long bars, a JTSVP bump steer kit, & a regency tailgate spoiler.

While doing some maintenance things, I was preparing to do some plugs and wires, looked at doing coils, saw the intake had to come off and figured if I am going to go through that much trouble, I might as well add a cam. This is the extent of motor work I want to do. I know I won't be seeing huge power gains without heads more than likely, but I personally just want a more of a hot rod choppy idle. Since I already need to retune the truck since it has a mail order tune for 91 and we have 93 here, I figured I might as well knock out all the mods that will effect the tune at once.

The JMB NA62X sounds like what I would need, but I couldn't find any idle videos or reviews on it.
JMB/PBJ Custom Hyd Roller NA62X Naturally Aspirated GEN 1/2 Camshaft

What do you guys think? Should I go a different route?

Taking the Intake off has nothing to do with a cam swap, it's just the fuel line and 20 bolts. To do a cam in the truck you've gotta pull the whole front end off and drop the oil pan. But you don't have to remove the intake to do the cam.

Taking the Intake off has nothing to do with a cam swap, it's just the fuel line and 20 bolts. To do a cam in the truck you've gotta pull the whole front end off and drop the oil pan. But you don't have to remove the intake to do the cam.

Oops... lol...

Sounds great Scott! Hell, maybe I need to talk myself into some head work too lol

I was hoping to nothing bit performance to mine but my oddities have been ridiculous. Leak detection pump, tps twice, both hub assemblys, oil lines, power steering lines yet to be done, trans cooler line and still waiting to do the harmonic balancer. Ive seen some of the cam videos on YouTube and the 708 or 710 sound pretty sweet.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back