Modded 2005 SRT-10

Troy's QC SRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
49k miles and all mods installed by myself I have taken extreme care since i had the truck and it stays in the garage!

Performance Mods:
coated Mopar Long tube header and cat-less mids
Magnaflow catback
Ported/polished & powder coated intake manifold
Hartland sharp full roller rockers with hardened push-rods\
billet under-drive pulley with gator belt
BBK Throttle body
SCT dyno'd tuned by Torrie out of Florida (one of the best viper tuners on the east coast)
AEM wideband gauge & Aero force gauge in a triple gauge pillar
K&N drop-in cone type filter (CAI's don't do much for SRT's)
JTSVP screamin demon coils (oem coils have been shown to drop off at higher rpm)
JTSVP custom red wires and heat shield boots
Caltracs
QA1 fully adjustable shocks in the rear
oil catch can
custom JTSVP billet stall converter (just installed a couple weeks ago)
HTS Valve body
power-slot front rotors with EBC pads (have new EBC rear pads uninstalled)

Visual Mods:
powder-coated valve covers
powder-coated alternator
powder-coated hard radiator pipes
powder-coated billet windshield wiper fluid jug
hidden radiator fluid over flow jug
Custom steel braided power steering & oil cooler lines by JTSVP (both oem lines are known for leaking)
Odessa battery (10x better than optimums)
Black billet caps (oil fill, radiator, power steering, brake fluid reservoir caps)
paint matched wiper cowl
painted door handles (painted close to oem black but they never dull!)
Moes performance billet 6" antenna
6k hid in the headlights and fogs (Iv'e been told i look like a UFO coming at night!)
Exon Depot interior led lights
led license plate lights
led back-up lights
Custom lighted viper head push start button
Drop shackles in the rear
Tinted oem tails
oem black headlights
Painted front wheel well liners (just wash them and there back to looking good, they never dull and look faded!)

I have pretty much every bolt-on plus available for the SRT-10... Iv'e ran it at the track (1/8) twice with a best time of 8.1 with little to no track prep and it still has more not considering better DA or weight reduction!

I have a quit a few more parts for it that i have yet to install and also pretty much all stock parts to turn it back oem.

I'm asking 28.5 as is with EVERY PART that I have in my garage for it (including all stock parts, tool box, hurst line lock, unpainted, un-installed Gen 2 venom hood, drag radials, oem cyro treated gears never installed, spare oil filters/fluids etc....)
23k for it pretty much stock. I don't even want to think or add up how much cash iv'e put into it since iv'e had it. I bought it with a catback exhaust and thats it! I know I'm forgetting mods/spare parts

I'm looking to either sell it outright or with full or partial trades. Entertain me with any trade (vehicles, not bikes or anything like that) you may want as long as it pretty much equals out to what i'm asking.

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

2011-05-03_14-12-37_485.jpg

2011-05-03_14-13-02_969.jpg

yup F it!

I love the truck but for all wondering why after just really getting her running right...... I have realized (been knew but didn't want to except) that I will never be happy with this truck unless i spend another 10k in it. Why keep it and let it depreciate even more if i know know that I won't be happy.... I love it and it is fast for what it is but im sick of saying "It's fast for a truck" It still handles like a truck, just on steroids.... I'm really used to mustangs and other fast cars and my Cobra and WS6 was just as fast as my 10 with less than 3/4 of the mods or money dumped into it.....And the biggest thing....it felt faster. Still love the truck though!

I'm not pressed on selling it and not strapped for the cash. If it sells it sells....if not eventually ill put her back to stock and trade it in on something at a dealership. I think after this i'm going to just get a reliable beater and roll that for a bit beofre i get back into something on four wheels thats fast....

yup F it!

I love the truck but for all wondering why after just really getting her running right...... I have realized (been knew but didn't want to except) that I will never be happy with this truck unless i spend another 10k in it. Why keep it and let it depreciate even more if i know know that I won't be happy.... I love it and it is fast for what it is but im sick of saying "It's fast for a truck" It still handles like a truck, just on steroids.... I'm really used to mustangs and other fast cars and my Cobra and WS6 was just as fast as my 10 with less than 3/4 of the mods or money dumped into it.....And the biggest thing....it felt faster. Still love the truck though!

I'm not pressed on selling it and not strapped for the cash. If it sells it sells....if not eventually ill put her back to stock and trade it in on something at a dealership. I think after this i'm going to just get a reliable beater and roll that for a bit beofre i get back into something on four wheels thats fast....

:dito:

This is exactly why I had to part with them myself. I probably had one of the baddest CE's on the forum with 650rwhp:rock: It really was a BEAST but my wife's CTS-V pulls almost as hard and it's bone stock:D It was near perfect and I couldn't bring myself to get it dirty LOL!!

These trucks will always be my personal favorite. I've thought about getting one for a decent price and using it for a DD but I have a feeling what it would lead to...:(:)

:dito:

This is exactly why I had to part with them myself. I probably had one of the baddest CE's on the forum with 650rwhp:rock: It really was a BEAST but my wife's CTS-V pulls almost as hard and it's bone stock:D It was near perfect and I couldn't bring myself to get it dirty LOL!!

These trucks will always be my personal favorite. I've thought about getting one for a decent price and using it for a DD but I have a feeling what it would lead to...:(:)

I hear what your saying about the mod factor and something with less motor pulling just as hard, I agree.

But like a guy in a new z06 vett told me just after we raced, I told him man that cars fast as shit. he says " yeah but you have a viper motor, not many can say that"

But I understand cause these truck require alot of money to make fast, compared to a 03-04 cobra or equal stock for stock cars.

I understand Troy. I could hear it in your posts a month or so ago. I loved my truck. It was very unique, fun to drive, and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Unfortunately it had to go :(

With that being said... A car half the price, with 100 less hp/trq, and was only made the same years our trucks were made, makes me smile. It is faster than my truck was, and a lot cheaper to mod (plus I get to shift again!).

Although I don't regret selling my truck because it is what was needed to be done. I do appreciate what it brought me...

Troy I want it!! But I ain't got no $ :( good luck buddy, your truck is the strongest QC I've ever rode in...

Bro it's ALOT faster than when you rode in it ;) ALOT!!

I understand Troy. I could hear it in your posts a month or so ago. I loved my truck. It was very unique, fun to drive, and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Unfortunately it had to go :(

With that being said... A car half the price, with 100 less hp/trq, and was only made the same years our trucks were made, makes me smile. It is faster than my truck was, and a lot cheaper to mod (plus I get to shift again!).

Although I don't regret selling my truck because it is what was needed to be done. I do appreciate what it brought me...

Paul sadly....you're right.... Iv'e been thinking about it for awhile but loved the truck so much iv'e tried to overlook it.....the time has come for me to grow up and stop being naive... This truck is cool and rare and gets alot of attention but it will never satisfy my needs and if i keep it, it will just take up space and depreciate.....

Last edited:
Troy I want it!! But I ain't got no $ :( good luck buddy, your truck is the strongest QC I've ever rode in...

I'm open to ALL vehicle trades plus cash...or crap even two cars for my truck if there decent reliable cars.....

How about caliber Srt-4 with 38000 kilometers and stage one . 2 sets of srt rims and full custom exhaust .
If not would u sell your hood seperet .

How about caliber Srt-4 with 38000 kilometers and stage one . 2 sets of srt rims and full custom exhaust .
If not would u sell your hood seperet .

yes i'll sell the hood but i don't know how to or who to ship it through and i can only imagine the cost to ship to Canada!

So long as you've thought about it a good bit. We all support one anothers decisions thru life as family on here. Your truck is bad ass, and will be known as one of the bad assed QCs of the forum. Depeciation will only go so far! Not like you'll ever find these for 10k and they are 7 model years old now. They didn't hold as well as I thought, but I knew it wasn't really an investment, but rather kinda like a Harley and it would hold value.
May hit you up for some of your parts though Bud.
Good luck and I'll spread the word.

Troy,

Sorry to see you sell. Good luck on the sale. I do understand, I have a z06 it's faster but less power and money invested.

Rudolph

Thanks all and I really appreciate it. I'm not going to part anything out until I get more serious on selling it. I'll let it sit as is for now and see if I can get any good snags.....If I don't withing a month or so I'll put it back to stock and get more serious..... I really would love to see someone get it as is and put the heads on it that it needs to really compete..... That ported intake is screaming for heads :)

....And all this time I thought it was the "in thing" to own a proverbial money pit. I'm not happy unless I'm throwing away thousands of my hard earned dough on and about #1900 (i.e. fuel, parts, labor, maintenance, GTGs, etc.). Soon my retirment will be dried up and I'll have to be buried in it. Now THAT'S a hard-core trooper... although :dontknow:like a sissy I'll never actually race her. I'll just dust her with a powder puff.

Sorry to see you letting her go Troy. As Scotty said we all are here to support, and not knock, each other's firm decisions; whatever they may be. :DHope you still stick around here though bro.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back