Mods to run 12.4

Easy and inexpensive bro! Lose 500
Lbs! Cut, replace steel with alum,replace steel bumper mounts with fiberglass/alum, how much do you wanna do? Lol
Serious though, bolt ons and weight reduction and a stall converter and you there bud.

12.4 is no problem for a qc with the right boltons. Headers, catless mids, exhaust, caltracs, SCT, drag radials, TC upgrade, remove air filter/bedcover/spare/tailgate/rear&passenger seats and cut a good 60ft. Noid hit a 12.6 with a similar set up as mine + intake, throttle body, and a good DA. Bolt ons will get a QC into the mid 12's no problem.

DA makes a huge difference, especially in Ronnies case. With the DA corrected his run turns to a [email protected]. Running a 12.xx is really gonna depend on what your tracks DA is, but a good way to compare your truck to someone else across the country is to convert both your times to 0 DA.

gonna take some serious mods to get a QC to run 12.4's esp if you want to do it on street tires. Gonna take more than bolt-ons to get there.
Yup
S/C or Twins

I think i want to stay NA with the truck, every sc kit ive seen out there is around $7k, i spent 5k on the supercharger kit for the vic and i still had to make it fit.

And 12.4 because that will make me forget about the e55 :rock:
It's gonna cost u a lot more than 7k to go that fast N/A. Find a used Paxton or ROE and ur good. They are bolt-on. Dont have to "make them fit".

Easy and inexpensive bro! Lose 500
Lbs! Cut, replace steel with alum,replace steel bumper mounts with fiberglass/alum, how much do you wanna do? Lol
Serious though, bolt ons and weight reduction and a stall converter and you there bud.

It's gonna take more than that on his '06. Remember the '06 has the heavier 2500 frame and the heavy ass factory tonneau cover. They're easily .2-.3 slower than the '05 QC's. It would take A LOT of weight reduction.

It's gonna take more than that on his '06. Remember the '06 has the heavier 2500 frame and the heavy ass factory tonneau cover. They're easily .2-.3 slower than the '05 QC's. It would take A LOT of weight reduction.

Isthis true on the RC 06's aswell. i have heard they are heavier/slower, but damn, that much

Isthis true on the RC 06's aswell. i have heard they are heavier/slower, but damn, that much

Man the best thing you can do is just weigh your individual truck, truck stops have scales that will tell you your total weight and break it down by how much is on your front and rear axes. Mine was 4920 with 2680 on the front and 2240 on the rear axles

Not sure about the RC's, but for sure on the QC's. My pig would be in the 11's right now, if it were an '05.

2011 5.0 mustang, i built one online for 28,xxx.

Those are more of a 12.6-12.7 car at best (last I checked that was the stock record), averaging much slower. The 392 Challenger has been tested to 12.2-12.4 stock though. Or you could get a supercharged CTS-V or used Shelby.

Well I lost 200 hp and 200 tq, but I got a newer car and no accidents on its record, carmax gave me 21k for my 10 so I picked up an 08 bmw 335i twin turbo, it doesnt run 12.4 yet but I bought a tuner and intake for $600 which should put me there, (yes they do respond to mods easily), I miss the truck but it spent more time in the dealership than with me..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back