MOPAR ATF+4

Streetgang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dontknow: Thanks upfront again....Is there a difference between MOPAR ATF+4 and any other ATF+4 ?

Patrick the Vendor (Avondale) will tell you that you should stick with the Mopar fluids in the Tranny. He had some valid points. I would order some through him. Two of my vehicles have all Mopar fluids (not oil). It would be tougher for a dealer to aurgue against any warranty claims too if you use Mopar fluids. They are synthetic too (tranny and diff).

I had a phone conversation with an engineer from Tremac Corp who builds the T56 trans in the RC trucks. He told me that Tremac will no longer warranty the transmission to Dodge beacuse of the fluid used at factory fill, and fluid Dodge recommends.

Tremac specs GM syncromesh, or an ATF with a D4 rating.

The shifting is much easier.

Many of us ran ATF in manual transmission starting in the 60's, with very good success.

Streetgang said:
:dontknow: Thanks upfront again....Is there a difference between MOPAR ATF+4 and any other ATF+4 ?

I use Amsoil throughout my truck. My transmission is not stock though. If you are concern with warranty work and drive a automatic, use the Mopar Stuff.

I will stick with Amsoil....:burnout:

where have you found ATF4 from someone else? as fat as I know ATF4 is still only available through Mopar

bucke77 said:
where have you found ATF4 from someone else? as fat as I know ATF4 is still only available through Mopar

Autozone....Picked some up few weeks ago for the jeep crawler...

Walmart stocks it now. Saw it an hour ago there.

FSTJACK said:
I had a phone conversation with an engineer from Tremac Corp who builds the T56 trans in the RC trucks. He told me that Tremac will no longer warranty the transmission to Dodge beacuse of the fluid used at factory fill, and fluid Dodge recommends.

Tremac specs GM syncromesh, or an ATF with a D4 rating.

The shifting is much easier.

Many of us ran ATF in manual transmission starting in the 60's, with very good success.
very interesting, what do you use in your manual transmission ?

RedSrt007 said:
Autozone....Picked some up few weeks ago for the jeep crawler...
i noticed in your sig that you use "EBC Drilled and slotted rotors with yellow pads"...... has that eliminated all braking noise ? i hate the stockers, they make noise.....

The difference between the Mopar ATF+4 and other brands is the price. If it says "Mopar" add 200% the price. :laugh:

-Muzzy

moparracing said:
i noticed in your sig that you use "EBC Drilled and slotted rotors with yellow pads"...... has that eliminated all braking noise ? i hate the stockers, they make noise.....

sorry to bring back, just noticed you asked me a question...

Yes, 99% of the dust is gone, I still do get Slight dust, but lets just say I can drive for 2 weeks and they still look like a mirror.

The one thing about them, is (like ebc states) they LOVE heating up...so where normal pads fade with heat, these actually get more aggressive.

-Red

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back