Mopar Headers going on Monday

kennygene said:
Has anyone dynoed before and after long tube headers and cat removal?

My difference was about 35 hp...but it was over three years ago...so my memory may be flawed...

bigredv10 said:
you have to run cats in my state get caught without them its a fine and you cant pass inspection without them either

lol...Been here for 10yrs, not once have i had cats on any of my vehicles (300zxTT's, SC'd 350Z, Lightning,Viper, SRT-10 truck, never failed emissions, never gotten a ticket.

--wes

Part of california's smog inspection is visual. If they don't see any cats it's a instant fail. Then you could be ordered to a smog ref who will then scrutinize every aspect of you vehicles emissions system. And pretty positive our trucks will not pass the sniffer with no cats.

Got to remember that California is the strictist state when it comes to clean air. Hence the term 49 state vehicle

Please post an engine pic with the headers visible. The Mopar tubes must add some bling to the engine bay. Thanks!

Update: I noticed that I Lost some torque on the bottom. But gained it back in the mid range and top end. Also gained 1-2 mpg on the freeway. 13.8 mpg @ 65mph

noid said:
Update: I noticed that I Lost some torque on the bottom. But gained it back in the mid range and top end. Also gained 1-2 mpg on the freeway. 13.8 @ 65mph
Yes i believe the shorty headers give more low end, And the LTs what you are seeing, Mid to top end. Enjoy.

Wires.jpg

Picture035-1-1.jpg

I guess I don't have any from the bottom...

The second pic is prior to Justin doing my valve covers...

Be sure to get the headers coated before you install them...JetHot did mine.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back