Motorcycle riders thread

Ok guys,

I already have the Harley and it's a keeper, but I am thinking of picking up a dualsport. Had an old DR600 back in the early 90's and I miss it.

Want something that can go pretty much anywhere, just run around town, ride to work, and save some gas money. Something lighter, better handling, easier to ride in traffic.
Looking at the KLR650, anybody have any experience with them?
Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 30
Want something that can go pretty much anywhere, just run around town, ride to work, and save some gas money. Something lighter, better handling, easier to ride in traffic.
Looking at the KLR650, anybody have any experience with them?
Any other suggestions?

A good used Buell Ulysses. Awesome bikes, affordable, easy to maintain.

I have a ktm 525 street legal and I love it
a9e2ady7.jpg
e3ebyqah.jpg

Naw, I'm more set on a dual purpose bike I can take anywhere including off road and dirt trails. The Buell is still just a street bike.

You want more of a dirt bike or you want saddle bags and storage? I'm wanting something like my Electra glide that can go off road(lighter than the glide of course)

You want more of a dirt bike or you want saddle bags and storage? I'm wanting something like my Electra glide that can go off road(lighter than the glide of course)

Put some mud grips on that Glide and hit the dirt .
Back in the old days we would get an older sportster and strip it down for dirt and dirt tracks .

I will be mostly on the side streets riding to work(I avoid the interstates on my commute), don't need a lot of storage, usually I would be able to just strap down a computer bag pretty easy on anything. And when there is backed up traffic or a wreck, an Enduro smaller than the Harley would work better to get around the trouble spots.

So I was just wondering if anyone had experience with the KLR 650, I'm kinda leaning towards that bike. It's cheap, it's been around for quite a few years now and seem to have a pretty good following.

A friend of mine has the KLR650 and he loves it, Had a couple of the Suzuki singles and was happy with them until he got the KLR. Swears by it now, reliable and able to take him just about anywhere.

I figure I just as well post my junk up to:turtle:

16iurh5.jpg

212d95e.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I decided the KLR just wasn't what I was looking for after all. Picked up a Triumph Tiger 800XC yesterday. Love this thing, rode both versions of it and also the BMW F800GS. The XC was by far the best value and that triple is a sweet engine. Here's a pic at the dealer heading home.

Attachments

• 20140606_181853.jpg
    20140606_181853.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
The 800xc is awesome. Until you start to use it off road and the stepper motor get a little dirt in it and it dies out at every stop light.

The 800xc is awesome. Until you start to use it off road and the stepper motor get a little dirt in it and it dies out at every stop light.

Already looked into that, my off road excursions will be minimal, Dirt or gravel roads at most. Stepper motor works fine if regularly serviced, new models have the ECU and TPS upgrades.
The street version of the tiger wasn't as comfortable for a guy my size so I bought the XC.

I think I'll be fine:rock:

Hmmm, good to know. Any other things I should keep an eye out for?
Any recommendations on accessories or aftermarket upgrades?

The fluctuating idle and dying when coming to a stop is the most common. They are good bikes. Keep up on your service ( 6k intervals) and you'll be fine. I like the sound of arrow exhaust :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back