moveing

Smokey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
been thinking about moveing to tennessee for a wile now, cali is getting way to expencive for me. do any of you guys out there know of any places that are hireing or can point me in a general direction? been looking more in the chattanooga area. thanks in advance:D

Smokey said:
been thinking about moveing to tennessee for a wile now, cali is getting way to expencive for me. do any of you guys out there know of any places that are hireing or can point me in a general direction? been looking more in the chattanooga area. thanks in advance:D
I hear you Smokey, It's killing me.

Those Nooga boys will be drooling when they read this..new meat...:p ......google Kingsport, TN.......has been in the top 20 places to live....low cost of living and one of the few areas in the country where home values have increased over the last 18 months..........

Kingsport doesn't allow fast trucks, you need to come to Chattanooga, not a hell of a lot of jobs available. What field are you in?

TNVIPER said:
Those Nooga boys will be drooling when they read this..new meat...:p ......google Kingsport, TN.......has been in the top 20 places to live....low cost of living and one of the few areas in the country where home values have increased over the last 18 months..........

ive been looking there, seems like a nice place

FATJACK said:
Kingsport doesn't allow fast trucks, you need to come to Chattanooga, not a hell of a lot of jobs available. What field are you in?

i was a structual steel fabricator for the last year and a half, and a mechanic 4 years. pretty good with computers, trucks, you name it, i can prob do it. id like to eventually open a preformance shop but thats not even a option here in san diego...shits just too expencive

Add me to that list. I would love to live in Tennessee, one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Chattanooga would be great, just a short putt down to Atlanta even. Anybody that has any contacts in the water industry let me know.

Tennessee, Tennessee, there ain't no place I'd rather be,
Baby, won't you carry me back to Tennessee?

Ron is right, Johnson City and kingsport area is sweety and the roads are amazing to drive.

OCBob said:
Add me to that list. I would love to live in Tennessee, one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Chattanooga would be great, just a short putt down to Atlanta even. Anybody that has any contacts in the water industry let me know.

im mostlikly goin to buy a used enclosed car hauler so if anyone in SD is intresed in coming with:D

OCBob said:

Bob what type water industry?

OCBob said:
I'm certified in both distribution and drinking water treatment.

We have several spring water bottlers in the area and a lot of municipalty water treatment plants....Kingsport just got a 13 million $ grant to install UV treatment for the city water doing away with chlorine.....we also have the TN Valley Authority (TVA) watershed passing thru the area..

Smokey said:
im mostlikly goin to buy a used enclosed car hauler so if anyone in SD is intresed in coming with:D

Don't tempt me, the wife and I have been thinking of leaving for a while. Indiana is our final dest we think though.

I'll have to look into Kingsport. They will still need to use some kind of disinfectant along with the UV as there has to be a residual in the water and UV doesn't do that. But it is cool technology.

When I started with this path I figured I would be able to find a job almost anywhere in the country. Unfortunately no one is really hiring now. Most aren't even replacing retiring workers.

OCBob said:
I'll have to look into Kingsport. They will still need to use some kind of disinfectant along with the UV as there has to be a residual in the water and UV doesn't do that. But it is cool technology.

When I started with this path I figured I would be able to find a job almost anywhere in the country. Unfortunately no one is really hiring now. Most aren't even replacing retiring workers.

really, bob it wasnt to long ago that i was just searching on monster and found quite a few openings for water treatement jobs in l.a. county and a few for the city of pasadena. i know its a drive from where you live but its very nice down here

FerrariTruck said:
really, bob it wasnt to long ago that i was just searching on monster and found quite a few openings for water treatement jobs in l.a. county and a few for the city of pasadena. i know its a drive from where you live but its very nice down here
If it's been on monster I've applied for it.

Chattanooga...
90 miles from Atlanta, Ga.
80 miles from Knoxville, Tn.
120 miles from Nashville, Tn.
130 miles from Birmingham, Al.
400 miles from Panama City, Fl.:rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back