Moving back to the Mainland....

Thanks Guys! Now I just have to find a house in the vicinity of Great Lakes (near North Chicago) to live in. We are trying to find a 4 Bedroom house with a 3 car garage and a full basement...kind of a pain in the ass from Hawaii!LOL! :)

We think we have one, but, it's up towards Zion. Very nice joint and a great place for us (The wife loves it)...I just dont want to drive 30 minutes to work and back everyday...especially when I will have so few hours to enjoy sleep! ;)

Looks like December is the month for me....my wife is gonna move the family there while I am on deployment. And I am gonna meet them. Cant wait to live in the snow for the first time in my life besides when I was in Bootcamp. (And TAD)

AND!!! I can't wait to push "Boots"!!! :D

Still looking for a nice place to live in the range of 200K! Hopefully we find a nice place, in a decent school district and close to work! :)

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Looks like December is the month for me....my wife is gonna move the family there while I am on deployment. And I am gonna meet them. Cant wait to live in the snow for the first time in my life besides when I was in Bootcamp. (And TAD)

AND!!! I can't wait to push "Boots"!!! :D

Still looking for a nice place to live in the range of 200K! Hopefully we find a nice place, in a decent school district and close to work! :)

Kris, all the best bro to you and your family....glad you are going to be back on the mainland.... :rock:

OCBob said:
Just saw this Kris. That's a hell of a move from paradise, isn't it? heheh

And enjoy that Westpac float. Pattaya is always fun.

There will be no Floatin' here Devil Dawg! If I'm floating, it has been a very, very bad day!!! ;)

However, I will be paying the Ops Officer big bucks to make it there, for sure. Especially if they are gonna send me to the Desert on deployment too!:D

bigike said:
You gonna make chucks "pump that football! pump that football!"

I'm still trying to figure this one out....:dontknow: (I'm wondering if I really want to know what it means....;) )

Your going to love the frozen north

ViperJeff said:
Your going to love the frozen north

I was there during the Winter back 1998 and also 2004...it's not that bad. The first time was worse because I didn't know what to expect. After 11 years in the Navy and dealing with the various climate extremes...it's not the weather that wears me out. ;)

I'm just looking forward to freeways and fishing and camping and normal people. And mostly...life as I know it. Paradise is nice but it becomes "normal" after a while. I need variety...:)

Damn! This squid is following me!

I leave Jax to get away from him, I get three years of peace and quiet and now he is moving in next door!!!!:D :D :p

Kris...this is great news. Welcome home!

Tell Danielle if she needs anything here we are willing to do ground work prior to the family move, and provide support while you are deployed.

Zion is 5 miles away...Great Lakes is 9 miles...

We are here to help!:) :)

Roy

Last edited:
Black1 said:
I did a search on Realtor (dot) com for properties within 20 miles of Great Lakes... between $180-225k. Take a look. :)

http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...000-225000/type-single-family-home?sby=2&ml=4

If you want to REALLY "window shop".... take the prices out of the search field. :eek: :D :rock: There are some MONSTER houses in N-IL for sale. :eek:

Already done this...and Daniyelle has a very dear Aunt (Whom I despise) in the area that is a Realtor, so we are good to go for the most part. (I was just randomly talking about finding houses on here. We have about 30 saved on Realtor.com that we would like to look at.)

But thanks for the help!!!:rock:

Hey Roy! I can't wait to see you again!!!:)

We will be able to sit around and tell war stories...I bet I can lie bigger than you!

Prof said:
We will be able to sit around and tell war stories...I bet I can lie bigger than you!

I'm a Flight Engineer...are you sure you wanna make that bet????:p :p :p

Kris let me know when you move in, I will drive over to have a few cold drinks with you.

We can swap Mikey stories.:D

Bill.

Begood said:
Kris let me know when you move in, I will drive over to have a few cold drinks with you.

We can swap Mikey stories.:D

Bill.

Fo Sho!!!:rock: :rock: :rock: :elefant:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back