mrssrt10's new motor...

1bad4dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you know, Maureen's truck was eating two quarts of oil every 700 miles (no smoke and no leaks), so we took it to our Dealership for Warranty.

Well I guess the Viper motors are not allowed to be worked on locally, so they pulled the motor and sent it to somewhere on the East Coast. After a few weeks (truck has been there for just at a month), here is what showed up late last week... and yes, this is a brand new motor (Block + internals and heads. Everything else was swapped out).

As I have said before, my dealership ROCKS! They even gave us a Charger as a loaner. Maureen's truck should be on the road by this weeks end.

Oh, and we have no idea what was causing the oil consumption. Apparently it is top secret. lol

SSPX0007.jpg

SSPX0008.jpg

SSPX0005.jpg

SSPX0004.jpg

lol Even comes with break in instructions. I looked for the instructions that says, "Drive it like you stole it". haha

SSPX0006.jpg

That is an Arrow Crate. Arrow Racing does the warranty repairs for Viper Motors. I dont see why you would need a new block for oil consumption.

TheMoparConnection said:
That is an Arrow Crate. Arrow Racing does the warranty repairs for Viper Motors. I dont see why you would need a new block for oil consumption.
that's what they sent. :dontknow: maybe easier?

And yea, Arrow was the name they told me. haha Thanks.

sweet.....same reason my motor was burning about 1 qt every500 or so miles and its now finally getting better after the built motor.. hope the new one lasts longer

Yep, the dealers no touchy the engines innards. They get sent to Arrow. Did they ship off the PCM along with the motor? If they replaced it, something was definitely out of spec and not repairable.

Good deal on the warranty coverage, saved a few $$$ there.

FastRam said:
Yep, the dealers no touchy the engines innards. They get sent to Arrow. Did they ship off the PCM along with the motor? If they replaced it, something was definitely out of spec and not repairable.

Good deal on the warranty coverage, saved a few $$$ there.
To my knowledge, the PCM was never sent.

Stinker said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

What he said,
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
Not too long before your:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Heck Ron..I didnt know Maureen's truck was down...be a good time to forge, PP heads, bump CR, cam...you know, small mods...you can afford it by mowing yards or something till you go back to work..;)

TNVIPER said:
Heck Ron..I didnt know Maureen's truck was down...be a good time to forge, PP heads, bump CR, cam...you know, small mods...you can afford it by mowing yards or something till you go back to work..;)
lololololol

You should go ahead and rip that shitty firewall insulation out and replace it with some of the aluminum and rubber backed stuff. No way to get it out when it starts to fall down. I'd do it now bro.

I have been trying to nominate her truck as TOTM for a long time. My problem is I don't know how to put up a picture, would someone please do this next month??
The truck is beautiful.

FATJACK said:
I have been trying to nominate her truck as TOTM for a long time. My problem is I don't know how to put up a picture, would someone please do this next month??
The truck is beautiful.
Maureen does have a very nice looking truck, I think she was put up not to long ago. You got pics of her Recons?:D

FATJACK said:
The truck is beautiful.
Yes you have Jack. You are a gentleman (bwahahahaha) and a scholar... hehe

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back