Mufflers

AMS3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a brand and type of muffler they think sounds good on the 10? About six months ago, I ran over some road debris, and didn't think much about it. Oil pan, tranny good. About two months ago, I started hearing a rattling sound at certain rpms, like the sound of a loose heat shield. Turns out, the debris punctured one of my mufflers, and the insides are rusting out.

I've always liked (and use B&B). Nice deep sound, no popping on decel, no droning in the cab at certain loads/r.p.m.

High(er) initial cost but very high-quality stainless steel and mine has been in use for the last 16 years or so.

Thanks for the input you both.
I've always liked (and use B&B). Nice deep sound, no popping on decel, no droning in the cab at certain loads/r.p.m.

High(er) initial cost but very high-quality stainless steel and mine has been in use for the last 16 years or so.
Just the mufflers, right? I don't want to go full monte right now.

I just know they are cat back

I have a set of 36 inch glass packs .. make ‍♂️ been on since the truck was almost new .. sound is decent . No cab noise and sounds good and not excessively loud. popping on deceleration almost non existent. At a gtg years ago others did say it sound a little different that they were using ,, mostly magnaflows then and it sounded good . Still have all cats and stock exhaust except for the resonators at the back .

Or you go like mine dual duals hahaha Short Flowmasters, cut outs then hot dogs out the rear BOTH SIDES!!!

Or you go like mine dual duals hahaha Short Flowmasters, cut outs then hot dogs out the rear BOTH SIDES!!!
Hey Kiwi ,, do you have pictures of the hot dogs set up out the sides ?

Damn that looks tight ! Love the cutouts . Is that a resonator glass pack at the back ? Are the required ?
They were on it when I got it. It works well. Just sounds nice through the full exhaust and quiet enough for a long road trip. The cut outs open and people know you are there.

They were on it when I got it. It works well. Just sounds nice through the full exhaust and quiet enough for a long road trip. The cut outs open and people know you are there.
Opening the cuts ours probably scares the hell out of people sitting next to you at a light then flooring it hahaha .

There use to be pics of front of rear wheel side exhaust system? I cant find any of them with active pics . There was a red truck that was set up that way .. I seem to think it was Trainman’s truck .. has anyone seen these pics ,,, they may be in the DIY section ..

There use to be pics of front of rear wheel side exhaust system? I cant find any of them with active pics . There was a red truck that was set up that way .. I seem to think it was Trainman’s truck .. has anyone seen these pics ,,, they may be in the DIY section ..
You need to pay 25.00 to access that section! Seems ridiculous but it looks like it's so :p

You need to pay 25.00 to access that section! Seems ridiculous but it looks like it's so :p
No idea if the pics are in there . And a search for exhaust came up with nothing .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back