Mustang GT vs my 10'

ViperPete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First race in a long long time.

I've wondered how much quicker my truck was with the 6-speed and now I know.

Pulled next to a baby blue 2013 Mustang GT with a stick.

At green we go. It's cold this morning. Roughly low 40's. We both spin and slide till top of first gear. When I hit 2nd I lurch past- by top of 2nd and grab third he's 2-3 lengths behind me.

Honestly I expected more from a 400hp+ car

Was fun!

wow, sounds like you had a good dream last night. the v6 mustangs are only 300hp. they only way you can beat a new mustang 5.0 is ramsonA was driving.

I've beat quite a few and lost to a SC 5.0. They are damn fast for the displacement. I could see it being a close race. I usually leave a truck length or two on them but I run 12s. Congrats on the win:rock:

wow, sounds like you had a good dream last night. the v6 mustangs are only 300hp. they only way you can beat a new mustang 5.0 is ramsonA was driving.

Not sure what you mean by ransom, but I did beat him! it was fun!

Vids or pic or the story means dic

Dom
Constantly defeated on the Internet

Sorry, forgot to switch on my in-dash goPro and record it for you for proof.

Otherwise, why don't you take me at my word because I have nothing to prove. The fact that I posted something is enough.

Don't let the doubters discourage you. I've won races I should have lost and lost some I should have won. Street racing vehicles with any level of decent power is often a drivers race. Good kill.

Don't let the doubters discourage you. I've won races I should have lost and lost some I should have won. Street racing vehicles with any level of decent power is often a drivers race. Good kill.

Oh yeah. I'm fairly sure that I'm just a better driver than he.

Who cares though? I haven't raced anyone in a couple of years- and I won. It was great!

i have smoked MANY 5.0 Rustangs.... NEW and OLD

a win is a win who cares how it happen

congrats to the OP

It's fun isn't it. And the good thing about these 10's is that the fun just keeps coming. You just got hooked, like the rest of us.

I was so hoping he would race. And I got my chance! That JTSVP shifter sure does make it easy! whaaaaammm BAMM whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam BAMMMM

Sorry, forgot to switch on my in-dash goPro and record it for you for proof.

Otherwise, why don't you take me at my word because I have nothing to prove. The fact that I posted something is enough.

Agreed. I have raced a 2013 GT in mine (QC 6-speed), and pulled around 1-2 car lengths.

My 2014 5.0 runs high 12s stock and with radial tires only ive seen people running 12.2 and 12.3
With exhaust programmer k&n and tb and pully and radial tires mid to low 11s it all depends on driver

My 2014 5.0 runs high 12s stock and with radial tires only ive seen people running 12.2 and 12.3
With exhaust programmer k&n and tb and pully and radial tires mid to low 11s it all depends on driver

Roll racing is not the same as 1/4 mile at the track.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back