My 06 QC Passed 150k yesterday!

cgperry

Reaction score
While driving from SC to Montreal, Canada for the Formula 1 race.

Been a terrific daily driver. In all those miles I've only had two significant failures - a broken valve spring around 70k miles and a bad fan motor assembly around 90k. Both fixed under extended warranty.

Other than that its been rock-solid mechanically. Most of those are highway miles but she does pull my wife's horse trailer and do other occasional "farm" jobs like hauling loads of concrete from Lowes. Aside from needing 3.5 lanes to pull a u-turn, it's been a really a fun daily driver.

Of course, at an average of 12 mpg, that means she's burned 12,500 gallons of gas in 5 years, at a cost of somewhere around $40k. That's a little sobering. I guess I'll have to buy a Prius in my next life to atone...

Nice and congrats, Mine just hit 43k and am happy to hear that they will hold up as daily drivers.

Passed 180k miles this week - still solid as a rock and as fast as a cheetah. Nothing but routine maintenance since I started this thread. Really well built machine all around...

Passed 180k miles this week - still solid as a rock and as fast as a cheetah. Nothing but routine maintenance since I started this thread. Really well built machine all around...

Wow! I thought my wife's '06 with 165k was high mileage for an '06. Great to hear she's running strong for ya!

It's stock except for the ECU (remapped to free up the QC torque) and stereo. It's a daily driver work truck and I travel all over SC and GA for work. Luckily the business takes care of the gas... :)

Always good to hear about these daily drivers with alot of miles. These motors seem to be quite sturdy with normal maintenance. I'm pushing my luck with over 100k miles and spraying a 150 shot.

You got some sick rides man

Definitely true, but it's funny - in SC I get more compliments on my SRT-10 than on any of the exotics except maybe the Lamborghini. SC loves trucks, and I'm surprised by the number of people everywhere that know what the SRT-10 designation means.

That's awesome. Mine is a daily driver as well. 118k miles and still running strong.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back