My 1/8th times , is this good or bad ?

Viper7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the 1/8th mile track near my house. I ran 4 times this is my best run.

R/T .970
60 2.148
330 6.015
1/8 9.151
MPH 78.13

MY stuck is completly stock , and was about 90+ heat at the track

The other 3 runs the truck seemed to bog down a bit in frist gear, Do RC's have torque management like quadcabs ?

My vette TQ management kicks in and does the same thing when i run it.

Kinda pisses me off, i was expecting to break into the 8ths easy , a few of the runs i had traction problems.

So my frist mod is going to be Caltracs, Im allso thinking of dicthing the 22s in favor of some 17-18 inch rims with DOT approved slicks. And just use them permentaly

My friend in his 95 M3 beat me :( his best run was 8.9

One thing about our trucks is you wont find someone who hates them, everyone from the ford, ricer, old folks, and hardcore guys love that big ole viper truck. Its kinda embarssing letting them all down and you guys in running only a 9.1

When i frist got there, some ricer kids came over and they were just drooling over it, one asked if he could see the motor. Then the other guy said man i have to run you just so i can say i ran a SRT-10, i said what do you have , he pointed over to a 05 cavailer, he said i know you will destory me, im just hopeing to get into the 11's and at frist I thought he was jokeing, then i realized he was seriours :confused: ,

So kinda gave me a reminder right then and there, to be thankfull for such a wonderfull truck, I remember when i was 18 with a car, not a pot to pizz in and wacthing all these guys with there high dollar cars makes you think.

Anyhow long post sorry but can other people post there 8th mile times so i can compare, how bad my runs were really.

Well... speed costs money....:D ....my truck runs a 7.5 1/8th and that isn't good enough for me either....the 2.1 60' is what is hurting you....

17" wheels with the M&H drag radials will help.....

7.5 is still insane man, with a quad cab :D

My last race was against a tubbed out semi-pro car. He ran

me / semi pro car
r/t- .939 / r/t- .705
60- 2.406 / 60- 1.560
330- 6.392 / 330 4.786
1/8th 9.633 / 1/8th 7.526
MPH 75.28 / MPH 89.53

He finished a 2.3416 seconds ahead of me lol

Yeah im seriours thinking of going the slick/smaller rims route the 22's are just not preformace giving.

Nowwhat said:
Well... speed costs money....:D ....my truck runs a 7.5 1/8th and that isn't good enough for me either....the 2.1 60' is what is hurting you....

17" wheels with the M&H drag radials will help.....

So would a Supercharger, etc, etc,etc...LOL!!!;) :p

Viper7777 said:
7.5 is still insane man, with a quad cab :D

My last race was against a tubbed out semi-pro car. He ran

me / semi pro car
r/t- .939 / r/t- .705
60- 2.406 / 60- 1.560
330- 6.392 / 330 4.786
1/8th 9.633 / 1/8th 7.526
MPH 75.28 / MPH 89.53

He finished a 2.3416 seconds ahead of me lol

Yeah im seriours thinking of going the slick/smaller rims route the 22's are just not preformace giving.

I love the look on those guys faces when a 5500lb 4 door beats them.....that is what keeps my sickness going...

1Fast400 said:
Have you ever crossed the scales at the track mike?

nope....I run with a 1/3 tank....plus spare and bed cover and I weigh 195 lbs......gotta be a 5700lb package....:D

LMAO,

Nowwhat if you were at the dragstrip i run at, everyone would pull out there gun and shoot it in the sky, and stand up on the bleaches and cheer ,You think texas WON the alamo lol

Your truck would blow away everything street at the track i run at. Do you think there is more to be had in your truck ? or nothing left but tweaking left to do? Just curiours what does your gt2 run in the 8th ?

Ok so does anyone have any rim solutions if i wanted to go 17inch route, with the cheater slick. Why cant i just pick out some el cheapos from summit and throw on M and H tires ?

If i had no fear of roasting the tires off the line ( not to mention hearing $$$ sounds as the rubber melts from my tires ) Run with Cals, im in the promise land.

Viper7777 said:
LMAO,

Nowwhat if you were at the dragstrip i run at, everyone would pull out there gun and shoot it in the sky, and stand up on the bleaches and cheer ,You think texas WON the alamo lol

Your truck would blow away everything street at the track i run at. Do you think there is more to be had in your truck ? or nothing left but tweaking left to do? Just curiours what does your gt2 run in the 8th ?

Ok so does anyone have any rim solutions if i wanted to go 17inch route, with the cheater slick. Why cant i just pick out some el cheapos from summit and throw on M and H tires ?

If i had no fear of roasting the tires off the line ( not to mention hearing $$$ sounds as the rubber melts from my tires ) Run with Cals, im in the promise land.

another 150 rwhp is coming via NOS...:rock: ...If you go 17"s you have to run the Drag radial...the cheater slick is a 16"....

Nowwhat said:
another 150 rwhp is coming via NOS...:rock: ...If you go 17"s you have to run the Drag radial...the cheater slick is a 16"....

Whats your 1/4 mile goal with the 150rwhp shot?

Hey bro, I just ran my truck in 85 degree heat last weekend and did just about the same as you.

Here is my best of the day:
60'.....2.279
330'...5.998
1/8....8.997
MPH...81.77
1/4....13.786
MPH...96.10...I missed fourth dangit!!! Shoulda been around 104MPH

Here is my time that is the closest to yours:
60'.....2.288
330'...6.119
1/8....9.162
MPH...80.62
1/4....13.897
MPH...104.98

That run I missed no shifts and had some spin off the line, let off, and then got back in it. These times are the first day I ever took the truck to the track, on stock tires and wheels, on a hot, humid day and a completely stock truck. With a bit of practice finding that spot between bog and spin, I should be able to hit a 13.6 in same conditions, possible a 13.5 in cool, dry autumn weather. I wouldn't know, though, I just picked up a set of 18" Nitto drag radials, so my new times should be a few tenths faster yet. Hope this helps.

Greg

Nowwhat said:

i thought u were only running a 75-100 shot?

well not to say anything but traction is a must with the srts. I cant figure it out. i have a one wheel wounder and less power and can muster up a 8.9 @ 78 mph on motor and 8.4 on juice but the srt's cant even get mid 8's without slicks. is the trans that bad in the srt's?

Nah the SRT's just have so much low end grunt that if you tach them high enough to get a good et they just spin, if you lower the rpm then it will bog and have to recover:D

Nowwhat said:

Nowwhat: you are scaring me, I might have to put SPIKES in the slicks so you can hook up. :eek:

John
M&H

Thanks for posting fun2x

Makes me feel alittle better :D

I know if i get some 16' or 17 on with slicks, cals, and possible the roadmaster active suppension on, i will be in the 8ths.

I know im lossing alot to with the stock clucth, but i feel other mods are more important then to replace something that currently works .

Supprisingly 3rd i hit everytime. Not to bad when your on a straight track. But when your on the road 3rd is a bict*.

Viper7777 said:
Thanks for posting fun2x

Makes me feel alittle better :D

I know if i get some 16' or 17 on with slicks, cals, and possible the roadmaster active suppension on, i will be in the 8ths.

I know im lossing alot to with the stock clucth, but i feel other mods are more important then to replace something that currently works .

Supprisingly 3rd i hit everytime. Not to bad when your on a straight track. But when your on the road 3rd is a bict*.

M&H drag radial........I hate to see guys still buying the nittos....they are the wrong tire......

Oh no doubt im going with M&H ,, i have noticed there customer service, and that means alot to me.

Right now im trying to decided on what wheel to get and go with.

takeing you advice Nowwhat, 16's require rotor shaving, 17's possible not. However to get DOT approved rims i have to go with the 16's

I guess i could grind my rotors down, hook up the air compressor and grind away.

What bolt circle is dodge wheels ? im learning allways been chevy guy.

Viper7777 said:
Oh no doubt im going with M&H ,, i have noticed there customer service, and that means alot to me.

Right now im trying to decided on what wheel to get and go with.

takeing you advice Nowwhat, 16's require rotor shaving, 17's possible not. However to get DOT approved rims i have to go with the 16's

I guess i could grind my rotors down, hook up the air compressor and grind away.

What bolt circle is dodge wheels ? im learning allways been chevy guy.

Dot approved rims...?....

5x5.5 is the bolt pattern....PM trainman.....he has the perfect set up for you...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back