My 1/8th times , is this good or bad ?

DOT approved, (department of transportation) ( tires that will pass inspection :) ) im thinking of dicthing the 22 rims alltogether, and just run permantly dot approved slicks. Less rotating mass for one when all i do is spin in them :), those 22's are just as bad as a stock flywheel lol.

Last edited:
my recommendations....don't use a air-grinder, an electric grinder will be better; or else your compressor will be running for hours, maybe days LOL

-Red

oh my lol,, hell do i have to cut chunks off with the torch , or take a plasma cutter to it ? lol

anyhow anyone have some before and after pics ?

I Pm'ed trainman about wheel combo.

What is everyone else using? I love the look of the stock rims but 22 and preformance isnt where its at with a 500 tq machine. I rather have preformance then looks.

Nowwhat said:
M&H drag radial........I hate to see guys still buying the nittos....they are the wrong tire......

I got the Nittos from Patrick at a very reasonable price. Thanks again to Patrick!!! As long as they hook up good enough to get me into the high 12s eventually, then they were worth every penny. I don't really want to grind down my calipers if I don't have to, therefore 18" Nittos were the answer until someone comes out with 18" slicks.

Greg

Viper7777 said:
Thanks for posting fun2x

Makes me feel alittle better :D

I know if i get some 16' or 17 on with slicks, cals, and possible the roadmaster active suppension on, i will be in the 8ths.

I know im lossing alot to with the stock clucth, but i feel other mods are more important then to replace something that currently works .

Supprisingly 3rd i hit everytime. Not to bad when your on a straight track. But when your on the road 3rd is a bict*.

You're welcome Viper. I would definitely say that working on traction mods is way more important than any other type of mods right now for guys in our shoes. Right now we have way more power than tire, so getting a better clutch, headers, exhaust, whatever are all worthwhile mods, but sorta pointless until we are able to put all the power we currently have to the ground. Good luck bro and keep us posted. I will post with the new times on the Nittos when I go to the track next. I think it will be in a week or so.

Greg

SlicksMH said:
Nowwhat: you are scaring me, I might have to put SPIKES in the slicks so you can hook up. :eek:

John
M&H

Hey John,
Great to see so much corporate presence here on this site. Just wondering, any plans for 18" slicks coming up in the near future so us Viper truck guys don't have to keep grinding on dem caliper-thingies?

Greg

With the time in my sig, my truck went 8.25 in the 1/8.

My Syclone ran a best of 10.80 @ 125. Ran a 6.9 in the 1/8 @ 102,,,, on street tires.:p :D :rock: Miss that little bastid sometimes...:dontknow:

8.2 dang thats impressive..

Yeah the Syclone has allways been a car i wanted. Prehaps one day when i build a stable :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back