My 1970 Challenger R/T

Carlwalski

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I took my other toy, my baby, Lucy, out for a cruise several weeks back and came across a D9H Cat, perfect opportunity for a quick photoshoot! Unlike Barry Newman, I didn't drive into this one lol. Like the movie, funnily enough, on the way back home I spotted some Gypsies in the park hahaha. The only thing missing were an old man looking for snakes to pay for his beans. :laugh: She was built stock and has a very mild cam so she doesn't set land speed records (but that's how I built her). I plan to do a rebuild this year. She's been stock for 7 years so it's time to spice it up. She drives beautifully and although only 385hp can handle her own, especially on the open highway, this is where she roams best. Yes, the plates are 100% legit, her actually license tag. It took me a year to track and buy them off the owner. All I have to say is God Bless America for making such awesome and fun machines! Photos and video attached!

Cheers,
Carl

15.gif

LucyDozer1.jpg

LucyDozer2.jpg

LucyDozer3.jpg

LucyDozer4.jpg

LucyDozer5.jpg

LucyDozer6.jpg

LucyDozer7.jpg

LucyDozer8.jpg

LucyDozer9.jpg

Challenger R/T Video

Last edited:
AWESOME!!!

How in the hell did you register in New Zealand with USA plates??? Do you own property in Colorado and have it registered here or something? :confused: I can't believe you were able to find the EXACT plates as the movie! That must of cost you a few bucks. :D

Black1 said:
AWESOME!!!

How in the hell did you register in New Zealand with USA plates??? Do you own property in Colorado and have it registered here or something? :confused: I can't believe you were able to find the EXACT plates as the movie! That must of cost you a few bucks. :D
Thanks brother! I had them made by www.licenseplates.tv so they aren't "actual" plates, just replicas which is 99% like the real ones anyway lol. We don't have to register the actual plate just the numbers, like you guys. I own the OA5599 NZ plates (white background, black font) but removed them and swapped them with these. It's not entirely legal but cops don't give two shits down here, they have better things to do and when they're on classic cars, they tend to turn a blind eye. :D

Very cool Carl... Nice car man....

Need to talk to you about stuff going on in your neck of the woods regarding The Hobbit... They are rebuilding the Shire and I want to see if its anywhere near you. Maybe get some pics for me.

Carlwalski said:
Thanks brother! I had them made by www.licenseplates.tv so they aren't "actual" plates, just replicas which is 99% like the real ones anyway lol. We don't have to register the actual plate just the numbers, like you guys. I own the OA5599 NZ plates (white background, black font) but removed them and swapped them with these. It's not entirely legal but cops don't give two shits down here, they have better things to do and when they're on classic cars, they tend to turn a blind eye. :D

Nice! Just registering the numbers would be SOOO much better than dealing with the plates! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Black1 said:
Nice! Just registering the numbers would be SOOO much better than dealing with the plates! :rock: :rock: :rock:
Sorry, just to be clear, we get the plates with our numbers, personalised if you want or just the next digits in line etc. You can't have one without the other. You can buy a plate like: ACDC and not have it on a car. But you can't just own letters and numbers, if that makes sense lol :dontknow:

10banger said:
Carl, you've got some nice rides man.... I've always wanted the 70 R/T. Your website is on my bookmarks.
Sweet, thanks bud for the kind words. I am very proud of my toys. :D
I'm done with building them now, time to just drive the bastards and enjoy them!!! :rock:

TREKER said:
Very cool Carl... Nice car man....

Need to talk to you about stuff going on in your neck of the woods regarding The Hobbit... They are rebuilding the Shire and I want to see if its anywhere near you. Maybe get some pics for me.
Hey bud, sure, flick me a PM, if they are in public area and no security pass is needed I can do that for you, no worries! ;)

Last edited:
Black1 said:
I just love Freudian Slips.... :D :laugh:
LMAO........good catch, it was a c#%t of a day yesterday. lol Hey, it was 4am when I wrote that, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!:D

LoveThisTruck said:
Sweet car:rock: Is that the only one that's not black?:D
Yup lol. I hop into this one and instead of being evil, it's fresh, clean and rebellious, just like the original VP movie.
It's nice to get into her and be instantly in the 70s, love it!

Thanks again lads. ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back