My Durango SRT-10 project

pokeytemplar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have gotten some pretty serious parts finally. Billet mains, billet main girdle and 2 billet cranks. One is a 3.75" and the other is a 4.00".

Here is a couple of pics of the 3.75" crank the 4.00" looks the same.
21988820092_large.jpg

21988820087_large.jpg

Billet Main (the rest look the same)
21988820090_large.jpg

The block is setup for dry-sump with bronze lifter bushings but really isn't much to look at since it is Magnum and not Viper. :eek:

Tuesday I am taking my "spare" block to the machinist to punch it out for sleeves. IF everything works out alright then a 4.20" bore will be easily attained. If not we will know exactly how much material is available for safe overbores. Hoping for a 554ci.....

This build will be put into my 2001 Durango R/T. 5200lbs (full tank of gas and driver) and AWD should be fun...

Things will slow down as I save up for Custom sleeves, rods, pistons and a few other miscellaneous parts (Strikers:rock: ). Hopefully business will be good this spring and summer so I can keep working on it.

I definitely need to lose weight since I am 250lbs of that total.:eek:
To be honest it wasn't a certified scale so it could be more or less......

TNVIPER said:
I have an 06 Durango..I thought they weighed about 6K...:dontknow: ..........good luck with this build...will be interesting...
?? Thats heavier than my 06QC NightRunnerR(5600)lbs)!!

06 sure do weigh more. The Gen 2 Durango's are considerably larger and heavier than the Gen 1's. My Durango is right between the RC and QC's. With considerably more traction I should give both fits at the track!

pokeytemplar said:
06 sure do weigh more. The Gen 2 Durango's are considerably larger and heavier than the Gen 1's. My Durango is right between the RC and QC's. With considerably more traction I should give both fits at the track!

Your Durango actually weighs less than my 06 RC...5400 with me in it....270 of it is me....06 weighs 200-300 more than the 04/05s..

My 04 RC weighs around 5300... 1/2 tank and me in it(145lbs)

My 06 QC weighed right at 6k lbs with the same

You should be smokin with the 4wd:burnout:

I thought the RC's were considerably lighter than my Durango. So 4950 with a full tank and junk in the trunk isn't bad (without me in it). Now I will be adding a few lbs with all of that billet stuff but the added weight will be worth it!

Machinist is working on the block as I type. Well the ol Magnum Iron impressed him. He said it was one of the best castings he had ever seen (straight and true). He is at .150" over and has around .050" left to remove the cylinder. Deck height came in at 9.695" I should have time to go by and pick it up tomorrow then I will post up pics and a final report.

Here is what a Magnum block looks like at 4.395". Darton sleeves will work and the cool thing is that I could install dry sleeves at a 4.16" bore without any problems! The step at the bottom is a 4.20" bore.

21988820095_large.jpg

21988820094_large.jpg

Now to just save up for those sleeves!:(

How's the build coming along? I've seen you post about it in several different forum, which one do you keep current?

I'm squeezing the same motor in my '99 R/T, though I'm planning on keeping the iron heads and lower intake..... And throwing a pair of WH1Es on it :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back