My Durango SRT-10 project

I keep this one and cardomain current. At times I wish I would have done the same thing because I would already be done with it. However, all of the research that had to be done to modify it has been one of the most enjoyable parts of the project. Would like to talk to you about yours.......

Made a small amount of progress. Here is a pic of the partially disassembled T-Case. Hopefully it won't take too long to save up for the possible upgrade. No one has been able to say 100% positive that the H1 parts will fit so I have to save up and buy them myself to test fit them. This would upgrade the 242 from 1486ft/lb input Tq on a 5,500GVWlb vehicle to 2340ft/lb input for a 11,500GVWlb. So quite a big upgrade in TQ handling capabilities.

21988820099_large.jpg

It's definitely going to be interesting to see how your project turns out.

Yes it will

FerrariTruck said:
Am i the only one who thinks this guy is crazy?:confused: :dontknow:

pokey no offense

Why??? because he's pouring tons of $$$$ into a ridiculous vehicle? That would make us all a bit crazy:marchmellow: :burnout:

FerrariTruck said:
Am i the only one who thinks this guy is crazy?:confused: :dontknow:

pokey no offense

None taken, but curious as to why you would think that of me? :dontknow: :(

pokeytemplar said:
None taken, but curious as to why you would think that of me? :dontknow: :(

Coming from another car junky as yourself who loves to modify and build, Imo it seems as if you bit off alot more then is neccessary to chew...

The viper engine in the durango is great concept, I think you would have been good just dropping in a stock viper motor and gettin it to work... i applaud you for wanting a completely bulletproof bottom end that will be capable of supporting tons of hp but at times it as the desire that will stall a project for months if not years on end...Then again some of us find theraphy of just being in the garage doing our thing...Again your concept is cool, I was just a lil skeptical of it getting put together due the times and lack of disposable income

FerrariTruck said:
Coming from another car junky as yourself who loves to modify and build, Imo it seems as if you bit off alot more then is neccessary to chew...

The viper engine in the durango is great concept, I think you would have been good just dropping in a stock viper motor and gettin it to work... i applaud you for wanting a completely bulletproof bottom end that will be capable of supporting tons of hp but at times it as the desire that will stall a project for months if not years on end...Then again some of us find theraphy of just being in the garage doing our thing...Again your concept is cool, I was just a lil skeptical of it getting put together due the times and lack of disposable income

I can agree with your logic. And yes alot of this has to do with the Therapy, I hate watching TV, I enjoy spending time with my son (working on it), and love doing all of the research. So far I haven't spent very much money and I only want to spend it once. Right now I cannot afford Striker heads or turbo(s) or Whipple twin screws but one day I may. I am taking my time and spending the extra time/money on the bottom end so when I can afford those really expensive go fast parts all I have to do is bolt them on and have more fun. However, if I get really impatient I will drop the "big bore" idea and just finish it.

What have you found out about the individual TB's? Do they have a set up for the V10's? Linkages, manafold and such? Or is it all custom. If so, have you got a price on it yet?

http://extrudabody.com/Products/ITBs.html

I see the website has the ford V10 for $3500

Last edited:
wow....never in my life would i have thought of that i am really interested to see how this turns out. hope it works out for ya!

and yes im the ONE guy who wants to tub out,build up drop a small block into a pinto, i just cant find one.....

walbert said:
What have you found out about the individual TB's? Do they have a set up for the V10's? Linkages, manafold and such? Or is it all custom. If so, have you got a price on it yet?

http://extrudabody.com/Products/ITBs.html

I see the website has the ford V10 for $3500

No Viper kits yet so it would have to be custom. Extrudabody has the best "universal" one out there easily adaptable to any engine. I didn't think anyone else was interested so I put it on the way back burner. :D

pokeytemplar said:
No Viper kits yet so it would have to be custom. Extrudabody has the best "universal" one out there easily adaptable to any engine. I didn't think anyone else was interested so I put it on the way back burner. :D

At $3500 im not, but would look impressive as hell :rock:

Well did a little work on the D. The T-case is out and disassembled. Getting ready to order the rebuild kit and H1 sprockets and chain. Slow going but making progress..............

I got the main bearings in last week. I have a set of Main studs on the way to test fit. They are for the 360 instead of the Viper. WAY cheaper than buying two Viper stud kits and not being able to use any of the side bolts. Hoping they are long enough to work on the heads as well.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back