My Hennessey Performance experience.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after all that is said about John Hennessey I still took a chance and bought some things from him and got screwed. I first bought the throttle body for $800.00 which came with no problem. The only thing was you had to take parts from the factory throttle body and switch them over to the Hennessey and for $800.00 I thought that should have been included. All that comes is the throttle plate and the body. All and all no big deal i would deal with that. Second i bought the chrome intake for $1,300 Jennifer in the office told me that they didnt have any to send me and it was an exchange. I told her no big deal Ill send her mine and she would chrome it and send the exact one back. Well when i recieved it back the chrome had some defects in it and was discolored in a few spots. Again I thought i would deal with it. When I went to intall it I realized that it was not the exact intake. 2003 Vipers have smaller bolt holes for the throttle plate that holds the throttle cables and in 2005 the updated to bigger bolt holes. Again I would deal with it. I took it to my machinist and he drilled and tapped them out no big deal. Well When I went to put it on there were 2 small cracks in the chrome and the metal around the fuel injector bolts. I emailed John and he never answered me. I asked him if I could send this one back with another unchromed intake and he could have it inreturn that he sent me another chrome intake. No answer. I sold the intake for $250.00 and now that person has put it on ebay for $400.00 so im assuming that he fixed the cracked metal. Luckly I have the unchromed intake and i sent it to a local chromer that does excellent work. He assured me that it will turn out perfect and be much much cheaper. As soon as i get it back and the price Ill let everyone know incase your interested.

brat said:
after all that been posted here about Hennesey,i got to ask why?
Just like a lot of folks here on the forum...Gave Him a Chance and Got SCREWED:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hey atleast he gave me free Hennessey stickers for my doors. I guess that was worth the money??????????

QUICKSRT10/SRT8 said:
Hey atleast he gave me free Hennessey stickers for my doors. I guess that was worth the money??????????
well at least you got something. by the way sweet truck there Bro.:rock: :rock: :D

thanks brat. Its just one big headache. My dad is a viper tech for dodge and we just put the comp coupe cam in and that was a nightmare. The powder coating job i am having done is taking forever and now this intake deal.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8 said:

He couldnt pay me to put his name on anything I own.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8 said:
thanks brat. Its just one big headache. My dad is a viper tech for dodge and we just put the comp coupe cam in and that was a nightmare. The powder coating job i am having done is taking forever and now this intake deal.
that will be sweet when its done,post some pic.about the progress we want to see pics.:D :D :D

QUICKSRT10/SRT8 said:

Normally, I would just say "sorry u got screwed" and have (be) done.....

But my curiosity has simply gotten the better of me......

I must also ask "why?" after all the terrible reports......you would still trust this ..................................person.

???????????????????????????????????:dontknow: ???????????????????????????????????????

SD

I dont know. I just figured how could you screw up ordering two parts off the internet. So I took a chance

QUICKSRT10/SRT8 said:
I dont know. I just figured how could you screw up ordering two parts off the internet. So I took a chance
its not the internet bro. its the vender that screwed you.:D :D

QUICKSRT10/SRT8 said:

We live and learn..............:eek:

SD

Sorry to hear about your experience. I know some others here have been through the same thing with him :mad:

Hennessey is a JACKASS imho :D

QUICKSRT10/SRT8 said:

Personally I would take one sticker and put it over his mouth, and then the second sticker would go over his nose.:)

I would keep a third sticker ready just in case that low life Son of a Bitch can breath through his ass.:mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back