My name is John, and I'm an adrenaline junkie....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Po-Lock

Reaction score
A few of you were asking for an introduction, so here it is....

I've spent the last 12 years building/modifying fast streetcars, and a few racecars professionally.

I've got solid experience designing/building rollcages, running both manual and CNC mills and lathes, TIG welding- MS, CM, AL, and Ti, flame welding aluminum, sheetmetal forming- both box/pan brake, and hammerforming/english wheel, engine building- mostly american V8s and 600cc-1,000cc sportbikes, chassis electrical- everything from A/V, alarms, general wiring, to modifying/reprogramming/tricking/ and piggybacking factory ECUs, stand alone EFI (Electromotive TEC3/R, Haltek EK6, Accel DFI, F.A.S.T, and AEM UEMS). Engine design/building including cylinder head porting/machining. Automatic and Manual Transmission building, and differential setup (in addition to narrowing/modifying housings).

I'm ASE certified (don't laugh to hard), an AAMCO certified transmission builder, and I'm considering getting Porsche factory certification (they said I'm overqualified, but I'd like to get into exotics more anyway).

I'm currently working for a shop that does Pebble Beach Concours quality restorations of classics and Exotics, Resto-Mods, and custom coachbuilding.

In my spare time I wrench on my personal vehicles, modify friend's vehicles, and occasionally drag race.

I've been a firearms enthusiast since I was 7, gunsmithing since I was in middleschool, and shooting class3 since I was 15.

And 3 days a week I volunteer referee a women's Flat Track Roller Derby League (ranked 3rd in the state).

Oh yeah, I don't sleep much......

The main reason I'm here is to do research on Viper engines in general, and the Magnum V10 specifically.

I picked up a complete '94 engine and transmission a few weeks ago, what I'll be stuffing in my '99 Dakota R/T over the next few months.

The overall game plan is to beef up the shortblock-billet mains, girdle, cryo and grind the crank so I can run aftermarket chevy rods and pistons, mild port and polish the heads, along with the factory lower intake, fab up a sheetmetal upper to convert my A/A intercooler to an A/W, mild cam, probably run a pair of Megasquirts for control (staged batch fire), go through the transmission, and throw a 2.xx R&P in it to keep the RPM down during LSR events. I've got a pair of Holset WH1Es sitting here NIB (originally slated for my 360), they should help bump up the power a bit :burnout:

I'm looking for 500-600 daily, 750 or so for racing, and I'd love to see 1K on the dyno. Trying to keep the powerband between 4K and 5,500, 6,500MAX.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to help where I can.

-John (just a dumb Pollock)

welcome:) Man do i have some transmission questions for you.

what do you know about the 2001 honda accord trans and its failure:D

andrew heywood said:
Do the 99 R/T dakotas have a 3.92 rearend gear?

i dont know but I got a new trak-lok diff with all the bearings you need with ur name on it.:rock:

Already put one in my 96 ram

FerrariTruck said:
i dont know but I got a new trak-lok diff with all the bearings you need with ur name on it.:rock:

Already put one in my 96 ram
Not in the market for this right now, thanks bro, gunna be at the next DC gtg?

andrew heywood said:
Not in the market for this right now, thanks bro, gunna be at the next DC gtg?

yeah man I will likely make it out. some of my boys went out and supported even though I didnt

FerrariTruck said:
yeah man I will likely make it out. some of my boys went out and supported even though I didnt
The guy with the black and red 10...................bad ass..............and all the srt's :rock: :rock: :rock:

Po-Lock said:
A few of you were asking for an introduction, so here it is....

I've spent the last 12 years building/modifying fast streetcars, and a few racecars professionally.

I've got solid experience designing/building rollcages, running both manual and CNC mills and lathes, TIG welding- MS, CM, AL, and Ti, flame welding aluminum, sheetmetal forming- both box/pan brake, and hammerforming/english wheel, engine building- mostly american V8s and 600cc-1,000cc sportbikes, chassis electrical- everything from A/V, alarms, general wiring, to modifying/reprogramming/tricking/ and piggybacking factory ECUs, stand alone EFI (Electromotive TEC3/R, Haltek EK6, Accel DFI, F.A.S.T, and AEM UEMS). Engine design/building including cylinder head porting/machining. Automatic and Manual Transmission building, and differential setup (in addition to narrowing/modifying housings).

I'm ASE certified (don't laugh to hard), an AAMCO certified transmission builder, and I'm considering getting Porsche factory certification (they said I'm overqualified, but I'd like to get into exotics more anyway).

I'm currently working for a shop that does Pebble Beach Concours quality restorations of classics and Exotics, Resto-Mods, and custom coachbuilding.

In my spare time I wrench on my personal vehicles, modify friend's vehicles, and occasionally drag race.

I've been a firearms enthusiast since I was 7, gunsmithing since I was in middleschool, and shooting class3 since I was 15.

And 3 days a week I volunteer referee a women's Flat Track Roller Derby League (ranked 3rd in the state).

Oh yeah, I don't sleep much......

The main reason I'm here is to do research on Viper engines in general, and the Magnum V10 specifically.

I picked up a complete '94 engine and transmission a few weeks ago, what I'll be stuffing in my '99 Dakota R/T over the next few months.

The overall game plan is to beef up the shortblock-billet mains, girdle, cryo and grind the crank so I can run aftermarket chevy rods and pistons, mild port and polish the heads, along with the factory lower intake, fab up a sheetmetal upper to convert my A/A intercooler to an A/W, mild cam, probably run a pair of Megasquirts for control (staged batch fire), go through the transmission, and throw a 2.xx R&P in it to keep the RPM down during LSR events. I've got a pair of Holset WH1Es sitting here NIB (originally slated for my 360), they should help bump up the power a bit :burnout:

I'm looking for 500-600 daily, 750 or so for racing, and I'd love to see 1K on the dyno. Trying to keep the powerband between 4K and 5,500, 6,500MAX.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to help where I can.

-John (just a dumb Pollock)

Where are you out of, we have a fairly large classIII shoot coming up the end of this month.

BTW: I have designed and built guns myself. I have what I call 'The Southern Bell', rifle and cartridge on the drawing board. It will make the .50BMG look like a pea-shooter.

Will it come with a surface mounted jet ski facility and a yogurt maker?:D :D

thewelshm

-That engine a viper or a magnum for the R/T ?

Magnum

-what do you know about the 2001 honda accord trans and its failure

they're extremely sensitive to the fluid you use, and they're almost as bad as chrysler FWDs when it comes to sensor issues/limp home mode.

I don't like rebuilding transaxles. Give me a TF6/8/518/46/47RH/E, TH350/400/700R4/4L60/80, C4/6/AOD/E/E4OD, etc. and I'll crank it out.

-Do the 99 R/T dakotas have a 3.92 rearend gear?

Yup, 9.25" 3.92:1 trac-loc, 31 spline c-clip

-can you build me a birdhouse?

If you can afford it ;)

-Where are you out of, we have a fairly large classIII shoot coming up the end of this month.

South FL, I usually make the Hernando shoot twice a year, or go to the local indoor (finally found one that won't kick me out for scaring customers).

-BTW: I have designed and built guns myself. I have what I call 'The Southern Bell', rifle and cartridge on the drawing board. It will make the .50BMG look like a pea-shooter.

Sounds like fun :rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back