My other rides, '70 Hemi Charger R/T SE, '71 340 'cuda

rtmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
North side Columbia River @ Portland, Oregon
I've been into Mopars for a long time. For an added bonus my Mom has been a comptroller for 2 different Mopar dealerships in DFW now for almost 20 years.

My first car was a '68 Coronet R/T. I bought it back home in Hays, Ks. in '84 from a guy who's GF was pregnant & he needed the money. He could have sold it to Jerry Juneman local who had the Wheels N Spokes auto museum along I-70. I told him I'd give him $200 more if he waited a week so I could dump my '70 Camaro.

Since then I've been sold on the big block torque of Mopars.

Currently we have my '05 Magnum R/T, the new addition '05 SRT 10 & my 2 hot rods in the garage. I've wanted a factory purple Charger for a long time. Finally got it back in '04 when I had to sell my current '70 Charger R/T that was a 4 gear.

The purple Charger has it's #'s matching drivetrain in my garage. It's loaded up, cruise control, PW, rear defroster, headlight delay, etc. One option away from being a 2 tag car. We put a MP 472 Hemi crate motor in it, along with a new tranny built with the Gear Vendors. The last winter the Cal Tracs was installed along with tying the subrames together. I absolutely love driving this car. The stroked Hemi spins up like a small block.

My '71 'cuda is another car I've wanted for a long time. I finally got it a couple years ago but alas I now have to sell it due to the SRT 10, but that's OK. I'd like to get $31k for it.

217b58b6.jpg

8785d2ea.jpg

3354035c.jpg

f936e3a7.jpg

P1014913.jpg

P1014938.jpg

P3010018.jpg

my girlfriends father has a coronet with a 426 hemi in it :D

along with many other cars in his stash. nice car buddy.

:rock::rock::rock:sweet:rock::rock::rock:

enjoy your Viper Truck:rock::burnout:

is the Cuda 340 4 speed?????

I've been into Mopars for a long time. For an added bonus my Mom has been a comptroller for 2 different Mopar dealerships in DFW now for almost 20 years.

My first car was a '68 Coronet R/T. I bought it back home in Hays, Ks. in '84 from a guy who's GF was pregnant & he needed the money. He could have sold it to Jerry Juneman local who had the Wheels N Spokes auto museum along I-70. I told him I'd give him $200 more if he waited a week so I could dump my '70 Camaro.

Since then I've been sold on the big block torque of Mopars.

Currently we have my '05 Magnum R/T, the new addition '05 SRT 10 & my 2 hot rods in the garage. I've wanted a factory purple Charger for a long time. Finally got it back in '04 when I had to sell my current '70 Charger R/T that was a 4 gear.

The purple Charger has it's #'s matching drivetrain in my garage. It's loaded up, cruise control, PW, rear defroster, headlight delay, etc. One option away from being a 2 tag car. We put a MP 472 Hemi crate motor in it, along with a new tranny built with the Gear Vendors. The last winter the Cal Tracs was installed along with tying the subrames together. I absolutely love driving this car. The stroked Hemi spins up like a small block.

My '71 'cuda is another car I've wanted for a long time. I finally got it a couple years ago but alas I now have to sell it due to the SRT 10, but that's OK. I'd like to get $31k for it.

217b58b6.jpg

8785d2ea.jpg

3354035c.jpg

f936e3a7.jpg

P1014913.jpg

P1014938.jpg

P3010018.jpg

Damn bro those are some bad ass rides!! i want them both!!

learn to drive on a '69 Super Bee 383 4 speed & owned a '68 Dodge Dart GT 318 auto:rock::burnout::rock::burnout:

be sweet to have them now:(

I would give just about any thing if I could get that cuda from ya! Very nice!

Another one. I bought & sold this one unrestored.

It was the last 6 pack Super Bee built & 2nd to last overall Bee built in '70. It was a Super Track Pack car (4 spd. w/ Dana 4:10 gears). 1 of 97 post 6 pack cars.

One of the reasons I wanted it was the factory ordered go wing. The go wing was a mid year option. The car was also #'s matching with a broadcast sheet.

dec40506.jpg

9d9297e1.jpg

Last edited:
Out of all my cars', I prolly had this one the 2nd longest. I bought this car painted, I repainted the engine/engine bay myself & updated all the hoses & wires with date code correct stuff like I did the burnt orange Super Bee. I also gutted the dash area & replaced the dash pad & had the gauges all silk screened.

This car was a 4 speed car, Track Pack car (Dana 3:54 gears). The buddy seat was comfortable as hell going down the road. My buddy gave me a Daytona clone & $15k for it when I let it go.

38663199.jpg

8b5a5539.jpg

0e744dc1.jpg

My buddy bought this Daytona clone @ a car show on a Saturday. By Wednesday I owned it. I gave him my above blue Charger for the car & I got the 'tona & $15k.

The car was too much attention for me & I felt way uncomfortable so I sold it & bought the blue A66 Challenger shown earlier.

3e079016.jpg

0229d049.jpg

8d15b01e.jpg

clone or not:rock::rock::rock:sweet:rock::rock::rock:

Dude,

This is the coolest thread I have seen, in any forum, in a long time!

My heart melted when I saw the Burnt '70 SuperBee. I've dreamt of that car for years. It tops my list of someday cars.

Your Charger sits absolutely perfect! Love the stance. And the crate Hemi, with the usable drivetrain, is a nice touch.

How does the '10's power compare to the various cars you have owned?

Thanks for the great post!
-Chris

Dude,

This is the coolest thread I have seen, in any forum, in a long time!

My heart melted when I saw the Burnt '70 SuperBee. I've dreamt of that car for years. It tops my list of someday cars.

Your Charger sits absolutely perfect! Love the stance. And the crate Hemi, with the usable drivetrain, is a nice touch.

How does the '10's power compare to the various cars you have owned?

Thanks for the great post!
-Chris

Thanks, I don't think anyone's ever said that about one of my thread's. I was hesitant about showing all them thinking I might be called out as a show off or something. But I got to thinking, this is an SRT 10 forum. :D I'm sure there's a few rides' that are missing.

Believe it or not, I've only driven the '10 once. It doesn't have the hand controls yet so I'm a little apprehensive. But....the one time I drove it I took my daughter over to a friends house & as I was cruising along nailed it while I was doing around 25-30mph & it kicked down & all hell broke loose. My 1st thought was my hemi Charger for comparison. We're going up to Seattle for a soccer tournament in a couple weeks so I'll have a little more idea of what it's all about.

I know with my Charger when I was running the 255 tires & I'd nail it around 25-30 it would break the tires loose. Now with the new big, taller rubber, Cal Tracs & the frame tied it hooks up like nobodies business & squawks the tires hard going into 2nd. To me, 2nd rubber is just as cool.

This is the car that started it all for me, the '68 Coronet R/T. Right after I bought it I had a couple bow tie friends riding with me & I told them to watch the speedometer so I do have witness'. 147mph @ 6200 RPM.....on old bias ply tires. Not one of my better decisions.

001.jpg

m001.jpg

Man those are some nice rides. keep the pics coming. im gonna need a new keyboard from the drool...lol

This is the car that started it all for me, the '68 Coronet R/T. Right after I bought it I had a couple bow tie friends riding with me & I told them to watch the speedometer so I do have witness'. 147mph @ 6200 RPM.....on old bias ply tires. Not one of my better decisions.

If that is one of your worst decisions, you are a better man than I am. And if those are the worst decisions my sons make, I will be one happy parent.

My first BB Mopar was a '69 W250 Power Wagon. The truck had manual drum brakes all the way around, and no power steering. The 440 had a .484 cam, 906 heads, etc and ran very strong (15.35 1/4 mile @ just under 5000' elevation. Pretty stout for an all iron, 3/4 ton, 4x4). It would spin 6200 RPM in 1st and 2nd, but was drag limited to 4500 RPM in third. Oh and it was lifted with very dry rotted 35" tires. At that speed, it took all of two lanes just to keep the thing on the road. I drove it like that almost daily.

Let us know what your overall impressions are of the '10 after you have driven it a bit. A couple of the guys here have put paddle shifters on their trucks. This allows them all the fun of shifting themselves, without the hassle of the 3rd pedal. Might be a cool mod for your truck too.

Thanks again,
-Chris

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back