My personal favorite!!!

I'm not sure if it's a lazy thing, I'm thinking that most of us dont care to go on a gay LR forum for anything, that's why us Viper truck owners are on the best truck forum FOR VIPER TRUCKS!!! :rock:I'm guessing that's why your here, cause this is the BEST forum and your UGLY TRUCK forum sucks!!! LMFAO!!!!!:drool::D

Most of you may not care but some of you do. BTW it gets pretty boring over here when the L owners are gone. The same cannot be said for LR when the viper owners leave.

LOL the guy driving a banana hammock is calling my truck ugly.

what kinda hp do you have and weight.. as well what do you run 1/4.. you may have posted before but I do not recall what they are.

BTW heres the answer to some of your questions. I dont know how much it weighs or how much power it makes and the best its ran is an 11.18 on my pump gas tune almost 2 years ago. I fully expect to see 10.50's on the race tune this spring once I get some new MT's and some C16. Then I'll start with the weight reduction. I'm still undecided if I'll remove my 200lbs of audio equipment.

Last edited:
I don't understand the stand off with the Lightning. I think both trucks are nice. The Lightning has a little more parts available (and cheaper). The SRT10 is a little more rare. What was it, 9000 built compared to around 28000 Lightnings? Both have their niche. A Lightning can have a little put into it and someone who can floor it and have a quick truck. A SRT10 can turn heads with raw power. Two different styles.

I don't really understand it either. Ill battle/argue all day long but I wouldn't call a 10 ugly or a piece of shit. I may call them slow but that's not exactly a lie in my case. :D

Some people are just blinded.

Sorry guys. It was my fault. I joined here. Put in the basic info. It was auto-linked to the timeslip database. Peoples feelings were hurt. I took my info down to be civil after having good conversation with the Moderator(Wesalbert). But I guess the new changes made the general population happier.

Yeah.... I was on the top of the list...

Jim

I knew that Jim, I was just poking fun at the 10 guy's. It is amusing to me that I would place 12th on their list and would be way down on our's.:D

I don't understand the stand off with the Lightning. I think both trucks are nice. The Lightning has a little more parts available (and cheaper). The SRT10 is a little more rare. What was it, 9000 built compared to around 28000 Lightnings? Both have their niche. A Lightning can have a little put into it and someone who can floor it and have a quick truck. A SRT10 can turn heads with raw power. Two different styles.

28,000 lightning were make. Thats why you see them all the time.:mad:

the age old debate... It will never end. I find it ammusing that L owners are comparing heavily modded trucks to 10's that have bolt on performance and stock blocks. I know they are pissed bc stock for stock the 10 walks all over the L. Not to mention that they are a dime a dozen on the road, where the 10 is as rare as seeing a Viper or a GT500 on the road.
Poor little whiny Ford...Just remember this image.....
SRT10-record.jpg

the age old debate... It will never end. I find it ammusing that L owners are comparing heavily modded trucks to 10's that have bolt on performance and stock blocks. I know they are pissed bc stock for stock the 10 walks all over the L. Not to mention that they are a dime a dozen on the road, where the 10 is as rare as seeing a Viper or a GT500 on the road.
Poor little whiny Ford...Just remember this image.....
SRT10-record.jpg

And yet you bought a QC.....fail. :D

If you want to compare apples to apples then lets talk Harley Davidson Super charged QC. So slow my brother 06' HEMI used to run so hard on my boy's HD QC. Now as far as SRT-10 QC vs. HD QC....let's not even go there.lol

I still say it is great to even be having this type of discussion, but I grew up in the '80s when nothing was fast (until the late 80s with the revival of the 5.0 Mustang and Buick GN).

Thing is... is anyone making a hot-rod truck right now? No. We have the (c)Raptor and Dodge and GM have... nothing.

Anyway, one reason there are more L's running faster is b/c of the sheer numbers of them. If there are 28k L's and 9k 10s, then even if the 10 is a little quicker (talking 1/4 mile) stock-for-stock, there are more L's out there in existence to modify.

I personally think the L is just set up better from the factory as a 1/4 mile racer...assuming that is your cup of tea and you are going to mod whatever you buy. Lighter vehicle, auto trans is easier to drive and not as hard on driveline parts, and it is so much more cost-effective to mod, given the factory supercharged package.

The 10 is a top-speed vehicle, has better brakes for sure, and is nicer inside (and I like the L interior/seats). From the factory, the suspension may be better... I don't know. My 2 L's never kept the stock suspension for long, and my 10 doesn't have a stock suspension either.

I've had 2 L's (still have one) and its a great truck. I've had 2 10's (still have one), and its also a great truck.

If I was building one as a 1/4 mile racer, it would be the L, for the reasons stated above. With a pulley, a tune, a larger (more efficient) heat exchanger for the intercooler, a cat-back exhaust and Nitto DR tires (not a real drag tire at all), my '04 made 391rwhp and ran 12.81 @ 109mph. That's ~$1200 in aftermarket parts, and didn't compromise anything as far as driveability. Toss on an aftermarket blower (half the cost of a set of heads for the '10), it made 460rwhp with a very conservative pump-gas tune... basic dragstrip math says it runs low-12s in that trim on radials, without going into the motor. Toss on slicks and a converter and its in the 11s easily.

But I don't get to the track much anymore, so I drive the '10. :) We'll see what the '10 makes power-wise after these Gen IV heads/intake get installed.

But given the '10 weighs a lot more (which negates the stock-for-stock advantage in power for the most part), there are less 10s around, and the 10 is far more $$ to modify reliably... is it really a shocker there are more modded L's running faster than 10s?

They are both awesome vehicles, and hopefully the Big 3 will start building a new generation of hot-rod trucks again.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back