My puppy has parvo..............

HOT RAM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
............anyone know of anything to help her ?I am giving her water (which she is just puking back up) and keeping her warm and still.She just started showing any signs last night.

Took her to the vet this morning and he gave her some subcutaneous fluid to help her,but basically says she has a 50/50 chance.

Any dog owners have any tips ??

I lost one to that,not much you can do except wait and try to make the puppie comfortable. :( :( :( :( :(

HOT RAM said:
............anyone know of anything to help her ?I am giving her water (which she is just puking back up) and keeping her warm and still.She just started showing any signs last night.

Took her to the vet this morning and he gave her some subcutaneous fluid to help her,but basically says she has a 50/50 chance.
Any dog owners have any tips ??
get her to a better vet,so they can put her on an iv, also they have been using tamiflu on dogs with alot of success,we had 3 of our pups get parvo couple years back,cost us 5500 in vet bills,one was sicker than the other 2,the key is the iv, and anti vomiting meds and the tamiflu ,also u want blood work done to make sure the white blood count doesnt go too low ,she may need a transfer,another reason to have her at the vets and not home,goodluck

flchub said:
get her to a better vet,so they can put her on an iv, also they have been using tamiflu on dogs with alot of success,we had 3 of our pups get parvo couple years back,cost us 5500 in vet bills,one was sicker than the other 2,the key is the iv, and anti vomiting meds and the tamiflu ,also u want blood work done to make sure the white blood count doesnt go too low ,she may need a transfer,another reason to have her at the vets and not home,goodluck

I have to agree.......

I am so sorry for you and your pup......

May God bless you both and get that pup to a better vet...... a cutting edge vet.....:nurse:

D

I have personally owned two dogs that became infected with parvo. One got it right before his last puppy booster (the one that usually works…done at four months old), and another dog (Nacho Cheese, one of our current Chihuahuas) had it when we brought him home. Both...and I repeat both were under a qualified vet's care 24 hours per day until they were OK. Nacho received IV fluids (gives some amount of sustenance), medications, and finally a blood transfusion. He was very ill and almost died. When he was final so weak they thought he was going to die...I told them to force feed him...as it was do or die time. The problem with force feeding a very sick dog is that they can choke on the food, and strangulate. We were fortunate, as it was the life saver I thought it would be....

Long story short...YOUR DOG NEEDS QUALIFIED VET CARE.

EDIT... I just attached a picture of how small Nacho was...and you can see under his chin where they shaved his give the IV.

Attachments

• DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your puppy!

As the others have said, find a better Vet!

Good luck!

flchub said:

I agree with you I had a dog that had parvo and they gave her an IV and they kept her at the vets for a few days and when she came home she was good as new

Very sorry to hear Nelson . . :(

As flchub said, get her to a better vet!!! :nurse:

I wish you and the pup the best of luck!!

i cant stress enough the use of tamiflu for parvo,try going to a university vet center if there is one near u,do not try to treat this at home

As soon as i saw your post the first thing that came to my mind was get them to the vet asap. If she/he hasnt started coughing or #2=ing blood then it still might have a chance. When my dogs came down with it, i lost 1 out of 3 to it. I hope your dog makes it.

No coughing or bloddy stools and she is resting and taking water.

There just aren't a lot of choices on vets around here.She is going back tomorrow morning to be seen again.

She seems better.

Thanks for all the advice.I appreciate it.

HOT RAM said:
No coughing or bloddy stools and she is resting and taking water.

There just aren't a lot of choices on vets around here.She is going back tomorrow morning to be seen again.

She seems better.

Thanks for all the advice.I appreciate it.

Lord bless Nelson's puppy and make her well......... according to your will.....

D

She followed me to the sink the last time I gave her water.She even managed to wag her tail a bit :)

She is drinking LOTS of water but puking it up.I just hope some is staying with her.

Thanks to ALL of you for your care and concern.Thanks D for the prayer.

Definately, I lost a puppy a while back to Parvo. It's horrible...I left him at the Vets and they did all they could but it was too late...:(

Also, make sure to clean any surface that the pup gets sick on with a bleach cleaning agent...the vets say that Parvo can survive for up to a year. Which means it can infect other dogs that havent been treated.

One more thing. I have also heard that spending lots of time with your puppy while it is sick seems to help them recover....(When all else fails..) and also beware of thinking that the dog is getting better, they do that on purpose as a natural instinct. (Dont want to show weakness...)

We are praying for your puppy!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back