My puppy has parvo..............

HOT RAM said:
Thanks ,Wifey !! She needs it. Me,too. I am still up with her.Can't sleep.Only 5 hrs to see the vet.
Hang in there Nelson, we are praying for you too, buddy :rock: :rock: :D :nurse:

Any updates Nelson??

I hope she is getting better!!!!!

Last edited:
HOT RAM said:
She is still hanging in there.I am giving her the sub-cutaneous fluid here at home.

Keep up the good fight. I hope your pup pulls through. I spoil my pup to no ends and would hate to see her sick or suffer. although she has her issues, like barking at me when I come home, i would do anything for her.

-jeff

She didn't make it.We did all we could for her,but she was just too weak .She was just losing fluid faster than we could put it back in.It was like a valve was open on her rectum and just running out.She just laid her head over and was gone.

I am still pretty torn up over it.For a big hairy guy covered in tattoos and been into the things that I have in my past,you would think I should just brush it off and carry on like a good soldier,but it has grieved me terribly.I think that I have developed a tough exterior to hide my soft interior.
I am crying even as I type this.I felt so helpless watching that little life slip away and not being able to stop it.

The other one has it now,but she is a much stronger puppy than her sister.She has always ate more,been stockier,and played rougher.

She has been to the vet and the emergency vet four times.She isn't eating ,but she isn't vomiting much at all.Has almost no diahrea .The solution that I am giving her has vit B ,anti-nausea,glucose (?),and anti-biotics in it.
She is wagging her tail and seems very alert.She is also drinking Pedialyte instead of water.

She would have been a beautiful dog,she was petite ( just a mutt,part Pomeranian) and had the markings of a German Shepherd,black and tan,but fuzzy around the mouth.The one that is fighting it now is light cream colored with white and looks like a terrier.They would have made a great pair.

I haven't posted anything because it is such a painful thing to even type about.

My credit card balance has gone way up.Had to miss a lot of work,too.Doggy treatment is almost as expensive as for humans.I would sell my truck to save a dogs life.If only money could have bought health for the other one.

Funny thing is,I was wanting a Beagle.A "friend" brought about 6 puppies to my house one evening and talked me into taking two of them.I tried for a month to find them a home with no success.After investing all this money,I will probably keep her.Maybe she came my way for a reason ? Maybe that I would love her enough to see to it that she got what she needed ? I just don't understand why her sister had to die.Life seems so cruel and unfair at times.

Thanks to all for your care and concern.It means a LOT to me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Very little gets as close to our hearts as a puppy.

We are crying with you.

Roy

My heart is broken for you. Dogs & Cats get close as a family member and it is hard when they pass on. I went through a passing of 1 of our cats last year and it was so hard.

She'll be home waiting for you.....

My heart is broken with yours...... This is so sad.....

But what a lovely reunion it will be......

God's peace be with you, Nelson...

Tim

I am SO SORRY to hear this, Nelson. :( :(

Nelson,

This is sad news indeed. Doesn't matter how tough you think you are, our pups give us such joy and losing a sweet thing like that is very hard indeed.

I did take the time after your post to play with my little nutty puppy. They bring great joy to our lives, even when they are barking at you and doing what you don't want them to do.

I hope you know she did appreciate you as long as you had her. She was lucky to have someone like you that cared about her and looked after her and tried to make her life as comfortable as possible.

-jeff

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back