My Qc VS. Fxdx Harley

if his bike has the 6 speed tranny in it i wouldnt play with it but if it's only a 5 speed youll catch him around 100-120 mph or so

Prof said:
Annu, stick to racing Smart Cars and you will be fine.
You gotta be careful with Smart cars too.:D I know it's a repost but it's funny.

I know Im new here and I dont know much on the speed of these trucks (still waiting on mine to be shipped to me) but my dad works at a Harley shop as a service writer. He looked it for me and the stock power of the bike the o.p. mentioned is only 65hp and 75tq. With the biggest kit you could get from harley a 110 cubic inch and cams the power rating only goes to 75hp and 85tq. I know his is a little bigger and probably aftermarket but as my dad said 138hp from that motor is highly unlikely because even heads and exhaust on that bike only will ad another 10-15hp witch would be 85-90 at the max. I just dont see how naturally aspirated he was able to get another 50hp out of it. Also as far as street bikes stay away from the crotch rockets they are nothing like the harleys. Stock 600cc cotch rockets will usually all the time take out highly modded harleys. If you do have a go with the bi vs your truck remember to get a camera man. Whats another 200 lbs in a 5000lb truck.

Out trucks are quick for what they are, very heavy TRUCKS! But don't be fooled into thinking we can take on the world with them.

I have a mostly stock 998cc V-Twin motorcycle, that even the best SRT-10s so far have not shown the quickness to beat. Motorcycles enjoy a very attractive power to weight ratio, something our SRT-10s will never have because they weigh too much.

But these trucks sure are fun.

Bill.

Nates GTS Viper said:
I know Im new here and I dont know much on the speed of these trucks (still waiting on mine to be shipped to me) but my dad works at a Harley shop as a service writer. He looked it for me and the stock power of the bike the o.p. mentioned is only 65hp and 75tq. With the biggest kit you could get from harley a 110 cubic inch and cams the power rating only goes to 75hp and 85tq. I know his is a little bigger and probably aftermarket but as my dad said 138hp from that motor is highly unlikely because even heads and exhaust on that bike only will ad another 10-15hp witch would be 85-90 at the max. I just dont see how naturally aspirated he was able to get another 50hp out of it. Also as far as street bikes stay away from the crotch rockets they are nothing like the harleys. Stock 600cc cotch rockets will usually all the time take out highly modded harleys. If you do have a go with the bi vs your truck remember to get a camera man. Whats another 200 lbs in a 5000lb truck.
Hey Nate, it's not that hard to get 100 hp out of a 95 inch motor, with a bigger motor more power is obviously there. Hell, the new sporty (1200) is 90 hp out of the box. It's all about matching the right parts together, cam, intake, exhaust, etc. Shit a 124 S&S hits 130 right out of the box, and I had a 113 that was n/a and well over that.

We put a turbocharged 124 in a bike that was north of 200hp without juice. In fact I know some guys out this way that are building 139 turbo motors that are putting out 350 ponies!!

OCBob said:
Hell, the new sporty (1200) is 90 hp out of the box.

where did you see that number?? the new XR1200's are only about 75 from what i've seen, i've got an 07 1200R with Air Cleaner, powercommander and a thunderheader and it still only puts down 74-75 to the wheel

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
where did you see that number?? the new XR1200's are only about 75 from what i've seen, i've got an 07 1200R with Air Cleaner, powercommander and a thunderheader and it still only puts down 74-75 to the wheel
Yours is basically a stock bike, no offense meant. Here is the info on the new XR:

MILWAUKEE, Dec 01, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Inspired by the XR-750, the most dominating American dirt track racing motorcycle of all-time, the Harley-Davidson XR1200 is now poised to boost adrenalin levels on streets, roads and highways around the world.
The XR1200 is a powerful new Harley-Davidson hot rod motorcycle that was initially designed and launched only in European markets in April 2008. With the high degree of interest and passionate reception surrounding the bike's European release, as well as demand from Harley riders and competitive brand owners alike, the XR1200 is now being launched in all markets.
Drawing significant styling influences from the successful Harley-Davidson XR-750 motorcycles that set new standards for dirt track racing success over the last 30 years, the XR1200 features technical innovation to provide potent street performance and handling. In fact, Harley-Davidson dirt track racing legends Scott Parker and Rich King participated in the XR1200 development.
"The XR1200 is an exciting motorcycle with an aggressive attitude," said Bill Davidson, Harley-Davidson Vice President, Core Customer Marketing. "This bike will provide the performance and distinct style demanded by uncompromising riders. In fact, hundreds of XR1200s were ordered by enthusiastic customers before we really even promoted it."
The successful dirt track legacy continues today as Harley factory rider Kenny Coolbeth won his third straight AMA Grand National Twins flat track championship on the XR-750 in 2008. While distinctive racing paint and graphics on the XR1200 will catch the eye, Harley-Davidson racing tradition and influence are clearly evident in the bike's key features, design and style.
The 1200 cc Evolution V-Twin engine with its high 10.0:1 compression ratio, performance cams, downdraft fuel injection, precision-cooled cylinder heads and large capacity oil cooler cranks out 90 hp with high torque. Rubber mounted to a new frame with a cast aluminum swingarm, the engine delivers exhilarating performance and responsive handling with less vibration. A unique upswept, high-volume 2-1-2 straight shot exhaust system includes dual mufflers and is finished in satin chrome.
A sport-tuned Showa(R) suspension with inverted 43 mm front forks and twin preload adjustable shocks combines with lightweight black cast three-spoke wheels to make the XR1200 ride and corner with feeling. Specially designed Dunlop(R) Qualifier D209 tires connect the rider to the road, while Nissin(R) four-piston large disc front brakes provide stopping power.
Additional racing influences on the XR1200 include details like dirt track style bodywork, wide black low-rise handlebar, a 29.2-inch seat height and aggressive riding position. Rearset foot pegs provide additional cornering clearance with a 39-degree lean angle. The compact instrument cluster combines a digital speedometer, white-faced tachometer, dual trip meter and clock.
The XR1200 is available in Vivid Black, Mirage Orange Pearl and Pewter Denim colors. The Harley-Davidson hands free Smart Security System is optional in North America. North American MSRP is $10,799.

XR1200 features and highlights:
Isolation-mounted XL Evolution 1200 cc V-Twin engine with silver
powdercoat finish
Downdraft Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Electronically controlled active intake system
Precision oil-cooled cylinder heads
90 peak hp @ 7000 rpm (per SAE J607)
68 ft. lbs. peak torque @ 3700 rpm (per SAE J607)
High performance designed tubular mild steel frame and cast aluminum
swingarm
Black three-spoke lightweight cast aluminum wheels, 18-inch front / 17-
inch rear
Specifically developed Dunlop Qualifier D209 tires
Wide black dirt track handlebar
Styling and graphics inspired by the legendary Harley-Davidson XR-750 dirt
track racer
Upswept, high-volume brushed stainless steel 2-1-2 straight shot exhaust
system with satin chrome finish
Nissin dual front brakes with four-piston calipers and 292 mm patented
uniform expansion rotors
Sport-tuned Showa suspension with 43 mm inverted front forks and pre-load
adjustable twin rear shock absorbers
Rearset foot pegs for additional cornering clearance
29.2-inch seat height with standard passenger pillion and foot pegs
Optional Harley-Davidson Smart Security System
Aircraft style aluminum alloy fuel filler
Unique compact instruments with white-faced tachometer, digital
speedometer, dual trip meter and clock
3.5-gallon fuel tank

Hey Annu, it wasn't this guy was it? You gotta watch out for these SOA guys, I hear they are some real badasses heheheh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&category0=&fvi=1&item=190269813246&viewitem=

Believe it or not, they are selling patch sets with a California bottom rocker. And I bet some fools will actually be sewing them on and heading out on the road. Bad idea. I wouldn't even suggest wearing the t-shirts they are selling with the rockers. Just a word of caution to anyone that might be considering it on knows someone who is.

Hell, my mostly stock 2003 Aprilia Tuono R on an Eddy Current dyno (which reads lower than the Mustang dyno) made 128 HP, and 74 TQ at the rear wheel. And this bike weighs 450 LBs full of gas.

As always, more power is great. But we still much consider how much weight it has to move.

Bill.

OCBob said:
Hey Annu, it wasn't this guy was it? You gotta watch out for these SOA guys, I hear they are some real badasses heheheh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&category0=&fvi=1&item=190269813246&viewitem=

Believe it or not, they are selling patch sets with a California bottom rocker. And I bet some fools will actually be sewing them on and heading out on the road. Bad idea. I wouldn't even suggest wearing the t-shirts they are selling with the rockers. Just a word of caution to anyone that might be considering it on knows someone who is.

OK, so who are the SOA? I have never heard of them, but then again I'm sure there are a lot of things I have never heard of.

Bill.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
I don't know, Harley is claiming 90. And I guarantee that it is putting out more than a stock 1200 with intake and exhaust. So if your numbers are right on your bike, the 90 sounds closer to the truth than this 77. But dyno numbers and hp ratings are like a woman's age, they can change at a moment's notice and usually are just a little skewed hehehe.

Are there any real quarter miles times yet? They tend to be the real test of power to weight.

Bill.

Begood said:
Are there any real quarter miles times yet? They tend to be the real test of power to weight.

Bill.
I read that Cycle World ran a 12.4 with a stocker. There is still plenty that can be done to squeeze more out of this motor without touching displacement.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back