My Quad Vs. 2003 Z06 with 405 Bhp.

He'll probably beat you, I had one and it was real f-ing quick. But go for it anyways, you've got nothing to lose, just be real safe!!

Annu Kumar said:
Hey stick Was that you In the streetfire video racing that Sonic Blue Lightning and the white vette??

yes and that was when I was stock, now with my mods its a different story. We use to race to see who does the dishes . and I am glad to say I have not did the dishes in a while.... but after 90 mph she comes back real hard... and she has learned how to drive so she is alot better on her launches but I still can get about 3/4 truck length on her till higher speeds.

If someone can't run a mid to low 12 quarter in a z06-that person can't drive.

If you are stock and he can shift- you will lose. by at least a second. The longer the race the bigger the gap- they will do over 170.

I have one.... stock 12.66@114. Any tuning will drop .2 or .3 off of that time. As my sig says, just filter and exhaust and i'm at 372/357 on a 3050lb car. Even from a dig, it hooks way better than the QC. Unless you have a blower or nitrous, you don't stand much of a chance, but they sound great, so go get some!

BigBlackQC said:
I have one.... stock 12.66@114. Any tuning will drop .2 or .3 off of that time. As my sig says, just filter and exhaust and i'm at 372/357 on a 3050lb car. Even from a dig, it hooks way better than the QC. Unless you have a blower or nitrous, you don't stand much of a chance, but they sound great, so go get some!

Have driven my friends 04(which he is now selling if any of you Long Island boys are interested). It is fast!!! and with a very good driver and minor mods is an 11 second car, but i have seen our trucks keep up with ferraris:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :D

If you roll into the throttle to limit wheel spin and manually shift from 1st then you will surprise him quite a bit. If he has a bad launch then you can take him. Your stage 2 and caltracs will help you out quite a bit. Just don't race past 1/4 mile as aerodynamics will kill you. Drop the spare, tail gate, move the passenger seat aft and raise the back seat. Good luck and get a video if you can.

Hey Flying Low Will I get the same Performance By rolling into it. It seems like you have to be going about 4mph to get a good hole shot.

Annu Kumar said:
Hey Flying Low Will I get the same Performance By rolling into it. It seems like you have to be going about 4mph to get a good hole shot.

I don't me actually rolling. I mean from a dead stop you preload up to 1500-2000 RPM's and then let off the brake as you push the gas pedal all the way to the floor. But when you do don't do it in .5 sec, take about 1.0 to limit your wheel spin. To fast and you will spin your wheels more then the other way. Just go out on the road and try it. You want to find the balance of good acceleration with little wheel spin. The difference between 1.8 60's and 2.2 is big.

Awhile back I posted the same question, my wife's cousin has an 03 z06 with some bolt ons. We didn't get a chance to run but he is coming into town next weekend. BTW he doesn't now I'm spraying. Question:

With the 150 shot I should be able to take him correct?

I would say a RC would need about 550rwhp to just make it interesting for him. a QC probably would need in the area of 600-650rwhp. I would assume most people know about cars here, and would know that an 03 or 04 Z06 runs low 12 stock without being broken in. our trucks weigh almost 2x that car!!! hence we need almost 2x the power!!!

Hey Burnt Rubber When Do youb think these motors on our trucks are broken in. Mine's got 3500 Miles on it right now

fastblksrt said:
With the 150 shot I should be able to take him correct?
Should have no problem at all on a 150 shot. Go from about a 50mph kick and he will see tail lights!!

SWIFT said:
Should have no problem at all on a 150 shot. Go from about a 50mph kick and he will see tail lights!!

150 shot on a RC will do the trick, but if has the stones to keep his foot planted in the shift to third...lets just say its fun to do! but I wathced it happen alot from behind when I had my mustang. at about 100 his drag will help him alot. I would put in a 200 shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annu, don't know when the motor is broken in. by the time mine is it will hopefully be a 522 w/ either TT or Paxson. going for 900rwhp (aka. broke).:D

Annu Kumar said:
Hey Burnt Rubber When Do youb think these motors on our trucks are broken in. Mine's got 3500 Miles on it right now
Hey Annu ,
I noticed a huge difference around 10K .

Cheers J.T.

Annu Kumar said:
Yo sleeper ***Skyline, were Gonna Go through the twisties on Redwood rd.
Oakland Directly Into Castro Valley.

Used to go through there all the time on the bike.....;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back